May 2, 2007

I read this book in February 2007


He would sell his warrior soul to possess her. . . .

An alluring laird...

He was known throughout the kingdom as Hawk, legendary predator of the battlefield and the boudoir. No woman could refuse his touch, but no woman ever stirred his heart-until a vengeful fairy tumbled Adrienne de Simone out of modern-day Seattle and into medieval Scotland. Captive in a century not her own, entirely too bold, too outspoken, she was an irresistible challenge to the sixteenth-century rogue. Coerced into a marriage with Hawk, Adrienne vowed to keep him at arm's length-but his sweet seduction played havoc with her resolve.

A prisoner in time...

She had a perfect "no" on her perfect lips for the notorious laird, but Hawk swore she would whisper his name with desire, begging for the passion he longed to ignite within her. Not even the barriers of time and space would keep him from winning her love. Despite her uncertainty about following the promptings of her own passionate heart, Adrienne's reservations were no match for Hawk's determination to keep her by his side. . . .


I just closed my first time-travel romance and some romance it was!
I took me a while before I could dive into the world of Highlanders and Fae created by Moning and now all I think is: “why did it take me so long?!?”
Fortunately it’s just the first of the series and I’ve got a lot of them to look forward to, but I can already predict the frustration when I’ve finished them all and will be forced to wait for the next release from Moning, as it was with Kenyon’s Hunters and Ward’s Brothers!

But back to Beyond the Highland Mist.
For me this was a typical book that creeps up on you and doesn’t let go. Causing a slumbering feeling of appreciation rather than an outburst of praise.
Moning’s writing style is awesome! I really pictured myself in the Highlands surronded by savage Scotsmen. Wouldn’t mind doing some time-travelling myself if I knew there was a man like Hawk waiting for me over there!

In the beginning I wasn’t really in touch with Adrienne’s character because I was enchanted by Hawk. He had the total package: beauty, harshness, vulnerability, humor, determination and he stole my heart in the way he acknowledged his feelings voor Adrienne. His harsh past didn’t leave him a bitter man but he held on to his dreams and was determined to have them come true.
With a man like that, no sharp tongue, strong personality of determination to resist handsome men, like Adrienne, will keep you from falling hard for him
Adrienne only captured me when she acknowledged her feelings for Hawk and wanted go the full length for him. Only then did it all come together in my eyes.

Reading this book I went through the whole spectrum of emotions: anger, sorrow, laughter, love.
Every emotion was there and I had a great time reading this story of love that travels through the boundaries of time.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


0 comments:

Nice to meet you!

My Photo
Pearl
Netherlands
39, married to my real life romance hero, addicted to TV shows, reading romance novels and Twitter. I'm a chronic (e)book hoarder and my absolute favorite genres within romance fiction are contemporary romance and romantic suspense, but I don't shy away from historical, paranormal or erotic romance either. Even the occasional (urban) fantasy romance, futuristic and sci fi romance may make it to my Mount TBR. This is my corner of the world wide web where I let you know what books I'm hoarding, reading and reviewing.
View my complete profile

Search This Blog

Reviews by Author


Reviews by Rating

Fellow Bloggers

Powered by Blogger.

GR Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge

Pearl has read 10 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

On My TBR Shelf

  • Unforgivable - Laura Griffin
  • Snapped - Laura Griffin
  • Darkness at Dawn - Elizabeth Jennings
  • Sizzle and Burn - Alexis Grant
  • No Mercy - Lori Armstrong
  • Animal Magnetism - Jill Shalvis
  • Crazy for Love - Victoria Dahl
  • Kink - Saskia Walker/Sasha White
  • So Sensitive - Anne Rainey
  • Dark Taste of Rapture - Gena Showalter
  • The Darkest Secret - Gena Showalter
  • Vampire in Atlantis - Alyssa Day
  • Vampire Dragon - Annette Blair
  • Captive Spirit - Anna Windsor
  • Chosen by Blood - Virna DePaul
  • Rebel - Zoe Archer
  • Stranger - Zoe Archer
  • A Taste of Desire - Beverley Kendall
  • Mistress by Midnight - Maggie Robinson
  • To Desire a Devil - Elizabeth Hoyt
  • To Tame a Dangerous Lord - Nicole Jordan

Digital TBR Next

  • Driven - Jayne Rylon (reread)
  • Shifting Gears - Jayne Rylon
  • Beg Me - Shiloh Walker
  • Tempt Me - Shiloh Walker
  • Jazz Baby - Lorelie Brown
  • Playboy Prankster - Pamela Britton
  • Just Like That - Erin Nicholas
  • Sweet Inspiration - Penny Watson
  • Breathe - Donna Alward
  • My Gigolo - Molly Burkhart
  • Scent of Persuason - Nikki Duncan

Grab My Button!

Followers

Visits

You're from...

The ROOB Posse

Leontine's Book Realm


Marissa's Romance Retreat




Realms On Our Bookshelves


Blog Archive