September 12, 2011
A Rough Riders free read.

Keely McKay Donohue is enduring the longest wedding reception of her life: her own. The only saving grace is that Jack Donohue is finally hers. Usually her hunky man gives her everything she wants, so why is her groom denying her the one thing she wants right now?

Jack thought his secretive wait-for-the-honeymoon plan was romantic, until he realizes he’s only put Keely in a fighting mood. If he wants to get back on his temperamental bride’s good side, he’d better find a way to sweep his cowgirl off her boots…fast.

Author's Note:
This short story takes place between the epilogue of Rough Riders book 8, All Jacked Up , and the second chapter of Rough Riders book 10, Cowgirls Don't Cry.


Title: SLOW RIDE
Author: Lorelei James
Series: Rough Riders, book 9.5
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Erotic Romance
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Year of release: 2010, November 9
Format: eBook
Source: Free read via Samhain eBookstore

First line:
This was the longest wedding reception in the history of the world. She wished it were over—which truly was saying something, since it was her wedding reception.

Memorable Scenes:
- Carson's speech > so sweet
- Jack refusing to let Keely's brothers and cousins dance the slow dances with her > Jack's a brave man :)
- Jack and Keely in the dressing room > So damn hot and they didn't even really do anything thanks to Jack's iron self-control





QuickScore-Verdict:
In the typical Lorelei James raw and sexy writing style she delivered an awesome epilogue-like short story that continued & wrapped up Jack and Keely's story in a sizzling way. I loved the challenge thrown in and the battle of wills between the two of them. With all the sizzling hot foreplay throughout the story I missed the steamy consummation at the end and I felt cheated out of the culminating smexing scene.

Still, I thoroughly enjoyed this short story because even without that scene it really hot and there was even some emotional turmoil thrown in. I do highly recommend having something nearby to cool you off while reading and enjoy this sneak peek of Jack and Keely firmly on the road to their happily ever after…

Favorite Quotes:
Knowing what the crowd of family and friends wanted, Keely twined her arms around Jack’s neck and gave him a long, wet, tongue-tangling kiss that probably caused some guests to squirm in their seats. She didn’t give a damn. It was her wedding day. If she wanted to make out with her husband, she damn well would.

Would she sound like a horny ho-bag if she admitted all she could think about was jumping her husband? Wait. Could she even be a ho-bag if she was obsessed about having nonstop, shake-the-barn-rafters sex with the man she’d just pledged the rest of her life to?

Keely shrieked and clapped her hand over her eyes before she faced the door again. “Omigod. I did not just see you two boinking like bunnies during my wedding reception!” (She caught Cord and AJ having a quickie in the dressingroom LOL)

“What? Were you expecting we’d go at it right here, right now?”
“Throwing me a bone?” she repeated. “Are you tryin’ to piss me off, Jack?”
His eyebrows rose. “On our wedding day? Not likely.”
“Then why won’t you—”
“Pin you down on the table or on the tile floor or against the wall and screw you blind?”
“That’d work for me.”
“Too bad, because it doesn’t work for me.”
She frowned. “You’re goin’ all puritan on me now that we’re married?”
“Hell no, but I don’t want fast and dirty the first time we make love as husband and wife, okay? I want to take my time with you. I want it slow.”

“Did you really think I’d love you more if you gave me silk sheets, flowers and candlelight?”
He honestly didn’t know what to say.
“Jack. You already gave me your heart. That’s all I ever wanted. That’s all I need.”






2 comments:

Leontine said...

One of the ultimate sexiness a man can possess is iron self-control. Frustrating at times but oh yeah...it can build up some awesome sexual tension!!

As always...have the series but am I up to date?...nuh uh *palms face*

Aurian said...

Hmm lovely to get a sneak peak at a later moment of a beloved book.

Nice to meet you!

My Photo
Pearl
Netherlands
39, married to my real life romance hero, addicted to TV shows, reading romance novels and Twitter. I'm a chronic (e)book hoarder and my absolute favorite genres within romance fiction are contemporary romance and romantic suspense, but I don't shy away from historical, paranormal or erotic romance either. Even the occasional (urban) fantasy romance, futuristic and sci fi romance may make it to my Mount TBR. This is my corner of the world wide web where I let you know what books I'm hoarding, reading and reviewing.
View my complete profile

Search This Blog

Reviews by Author


Reviews by Rating

Fellow Bloggers

Powered by Blogger.

GR Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge

Pearl has read 10 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

On My TBR Shelf

  • Unforgivable - Laura Griffin
  • Snapped - Laura Griffin
  • Darkness at Dawn - Elizabeth Jennings
  • Sizzle and Burn - Alexis Grant
  • No Mercy - Lori Armstrong
  • Animal Magnetism - Jill Shalvis
  • Crazy for Love - Victoria Dahl
  • Kink - Saskia Walker/Sasha White
  • So Sensitive - Anne Rainey
  • Dark Taste of Rapture - Gena Showalter
  • The Darkest Secret - Gena Showalter
  • Vampire in Atlantis - Alyssa Day
  • Vampire Dragon - Annette Blair
  • Captive Spirit - Anna Windsor
  • Chosen by Blood - Virna DePaul
  • Rebel - Zoe Archer
  • Stranger - Zoe Archer
  • A Taste of Desire - Beverley Kendall
  • Mistress by Midnight - Maggie Robinson
  • To Desire a Devil - Elizabeth Hoyt
  • To Tame a Dangerous Lord - Nicole Jordan

Digital TBR Next

  • Driven - Jayne Rylon (reread)
  • Shifting Gears - Jayne Rylon
  • Beg Me - Shiloh Walker
  • Tempt Me - Shiloh Walker
  • Jazz Baby - Lorelie Brown
  • Playboy Prankster - Pamela Britton
  • Just Like That - Erin Nicholas
  • Sweet Inspiration - Penny Watson
  • Breathe - Donna Alward
  • My Gigolo - Molly Burkhart
  • Scent of Persuason - Nikki Duncan

Grab My Button!

Followers

Visits

You're from...

The ROOB Posse

Leontine's Book Realm


Marissa's Romance Retreat




Realms On Our Bookshelves


Blog Archive