September 19, 2011
This pen-ultimate post starts the wrap-up of my Bandicoot Cove Experience (a feature on the Blog beween August 19th and and September 21st with Previews, ARC-reviews and Guestposts from the authors Vivian Arend, Lexxie Couper and Jess Dee). I am sad to see this experience coming to an end (for now). I had a blast reading the books and hosting the authors with their posts. Three awesome authors, each in their own way, with their own writing styles and personalities. I feel honored to have been given this opportunity!

Today marks the day of the last ARC-Review and boy did this book blow me away. Completely and unexpectedly Jess Dee gave me one of my all-time favorite ménage-reads so far and one of my favorite reads this year!

Coming up next:
  • Jess Dee’s Guestpost – Wednesday September 21st



Adolescent fantasies can grow into very adult realities.

Sienna James has come to Bandicoot Cove to mourn the end of her eight-year relationship with Ben Cowley. The last person she expects to meet is the star of every one of her high school fantasies.

Joshua Lye is not only as appealing as he was in high school, he reveals she was the main feature in his adolescent wet dreams. As kids they never got it together. But they’re adults now, and there’s nothing keeping them apart.

When Ben arrives at the resort determined to win Sienna back, finding another man in her bed kind of throws a spanner in the works. But he isn’t deterred. Rather than admit defeat, he comes up with an alternative plan: Let Sienna sleep with both men—at the same time. Then she can make an informed decision as to which man she wants.

Sienna shouldn’t want to go through with this shockingly sexy plan, but she does. Desperately. Except after the sexual storm passes, she could have it all…or be left holding an empty heart.

Warning: Contains a suggestion beyond risqué, a solution beyond orgasmic, and two men who know how to play dirty. Really, really dirty.


Title: ISLAND IDYLL
Author: Jess Dee
Series: Bandicoot Cove, book 4
Genre: Erotic Romance, Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Year of release: 2011, September 20
Format: eBook
Source: received an e-ARC from the author for review

First line:
Sienna James drew her arm back, took aim and flung a flattish oyster-colored shell forward with as much gusto as she could manage.

Memorable Scenes:
- Josh and Sienna meeting for the first time after 12 years > sparks flew in that short delicious scene
- Ben's entrance scene > Wow! That was some first impression
- the scene that followed Ben's entrance > heart-wrenching


A relationship of eight years gone wrong, a high school crush and adolescent fantasies left unfulfilled and a romantic luxurious resort with one man happy to finally discover if the real thing is as good as the fantasy and another man desperate enough to save his relationship by suggesting something risky. The woman looking for a hot holiday fling is in for some good and dirty times. The main characters in this smokin’ hot 4th installment of the Bandicoot Cove series are Sienna James, Joshua Lye and Ben Cowley.

Sienna is friends with Kylie, the resort’s manager and has accepted the invitation to the soft opening without hesitation. Sienna is a determined, bold and sexually inhibited woman who is just coming out of a long-term relationship and ready to dive into the dating-pool again.

Her first encounter with a man after leaving her ex is Joshua, who happens to be the resort’s IT-guy. But Joshua is no stranger. They went to high school together and they had mutual crushes on which they never acted. Joshua has a great sense of humor, he’s direct, a fighter and he’s gentle and considerate but absolutely no pushover.

But if Sienna thought Ben was going stand back and accept her leaving him without a fight, she has another think coming because Ben decided to follow her to the resort and is willing to go to extremes to get her back. Even allowing another man in their bedroom. Ben is mercurial to say the least. He’s a bit forceful yet not domineering. He is commanding, raw and a strategist.

At some point I was hoping Sienna would make Ben grovel more than the little effort he was making before she considered taking him back. It was as if she'd forgotten he was more committed to his career than to their relationship of 8 years. And the minute I was thinking that about Sienna she did me proud and reminded Ben exactly why she'd left him in the first place. Love it when an author does that!

The sexual chemistry between Sienna and the two men was off the charts. And the dynamics between the two men "fighting" over Sienna's affection, challenging each other, egging each other on, was the icing on the cake. It was intense and super-hot. And a very different kind of ménage compared to the themes in the other books of the series. This is what made this book stand out in the series and made it the best one! I will elaborate later in this review why without spoiling, which is very hard

Jess Dee's writing is just mesmerizing. It flows so smoothly and paints vivid images in your mind. It oozes wit and heat with a very down-to-earth vibe to it. The sex scenes are carnal, explicit and dirty in the best sense of the word. They are exquisitely written and I may have found another author trying to kill me with overheating while reading her sex scenes. Thanks, Jess!

I spent a great part of the book wondering if Sienna was going to have to choose between Ben and Josh and if so, who would she choose? In the end an emotional twist that I was expecting and yet dreading made it seem Sienna didn't have to choose at all and I thought that was that. But no, Jess Dee threw a final but major twist at me (one I was secretly hoping for) and she totally gave me what I wanted, taking that uniqueness of her ménage story to an even higher level. Not to mention making me cry my eyes out at the same time.

On top of that Jess also gave me the ending I wanted though I wasn't expecting it because it was not the safe, PC (romance-wise) path to take. So I applaud her for taking it anyway and giving me this awesome reading experience.

ISLAND IDYLLE is a more than worthy addition to the Bandicoot Cove series. With its own unique approach to the ménage theme it was definitely my favorite of the 4 books so far. It’s a perfect combination of explicit, luscious eroticism, heartbreaking emotions and awesome writing skills. It was an awesome, almost perfect, story that just checked all the right boxes with me. It moved me to tears, it aroused me to combustion and it resonated deeply, even after having finished reading it!

I hope the wait for the next Bandicoot Cove book won't take very long as I'm already in withdrawal.

Favorite Quotes:
“Josh?” she asked tentatively.
He nodded. “In the flesh.”
And, oh, dear Lord, what flesh it was. If the teenage Josh had made her blush like a fool, the very adult version made every nerve ending stand to attention. At sixteen, he’d been cute. At thirty, he was full-blown sex on a stick.

He looked downright lickable. Sienna could only thank her lucky stars the waitress arrived with her daiquiri at that moment. Otherwise, she would, without a doubt, have licked him.
Not all over. Just a little sample of his neck. And maybe his lips. And, if she could just get that T-shirt out of the way, then maybe a nipple as well.

Holy f#ck! She’d parted her lips for him, inviting his tongue in, leaving the hot, sweet cavern of her mouth open to his exploration.
Her taste hit him with the force of a cannonball, smashing into his chest, winding him. Sweet and tangy, like strawberries and rum. And salty, like the sea air. Innocence, mischief and…sadness, all rolled into one.

Did he want her sympathy? Tough! He wasn’t about to find it here. “Whose fault is that?” She didn’t wait for his reply. “How the hell do you think I felt all those times you had to work? All those times I pleaded with you to spend a little time together, and you said no? You think the loneliness wasn’t unbearable? You think it didn’t break my heart?” Uh-uh. Too subtle. “You think you didn’t break my heart?” Her hand shook as she pointed at him, jabbing his chest with her finger. “ You broke us. You broke you and me. If you’re feeling a little lonely now, there’s only one person to blame.”
Ben’s groan was guttural. “You’re right. About everything. I fucked up. I broke us. And I was too damn blind to understand it at the time.” He rapped his chest. “It was my fault.”

“Walk away, princess,” he whispered. “If you can.”
She shook her head, but before words could form in her mouth, telling him she couldn’t and she didn’t want to, hands fastened around her shoulders and twirled her around, out of Josh’s grasp.
“She doesn’t have to walk,” Ben snapped at Josh. “I’ll take her.”
And take her he did, straight into another kiss, just as forceful and just as exquisite as Josh’s.

“Kiss him,” Josh said in her ear. “Enjoy his mouth. But when you come, know who gave you this orgasm, because this time it won’t be your fiancé.”
O-orgasm? This time? What the—?
Before the thought could solidify, Ben tore his mouth from Sienna’s. “Touch her—and die!”

Watching Sienna kiss Ben had been a huge, freaking turn-on.
It shouldn’t have been. It should have made his c#ck shrivel up and die. It should have made him want her less. It hadn’t.

“That’s assuming I want to have a threesome with you,” Josh said, just as dangerously as before.
Screw the gentleman act. “Mate, you had your dick buried against my fiancée’s naked #ss, while she kissed me . You and I both know that had Sienna given you the okay, you would have buried it inside her #ss without a second thought. So don’t feed me your crap about me and threesomes.”

“Tell us what you want. You’re in control, baby. Lead us.”
Josh nodded, murmuring in her ear. “I’ll follow wherever you take us.”
The only trouble with their request was that it meant Sienna had to talk, and since she was a raging mass of hormones, a multi-pleasured sack of bones, speech was not all that easy.

“You created the magic, [SPOILER]. Not him. It sparked the second I saw you by the pool and exploded into something undeniable when we made love yesterday afternoon. [SPOILER] got caught up in our magic. Yours and mine. That’s why the sex was so good. It wasn’t about him, it was about us.”

Her heart belonged to him completely. Him, and no one else. And his mouth told her his heart belonged to her—and no one else. Which was a damn good thing, because Sienna was just as selfish as [SPOILER]. She too refused to share.


Buy links: Samhain | Amazon |Barnes & Noble

Vivian Arend | Lexxie Couper | Jess Dee | Bandicoot Cove
Paradise Found | Tropical Sin | Island Idyll | Exotic Indulgence

2 comments:

Aurian said...

This sure is a flaming hot review Pearl, I really want to read this series now.

Leontine said...

I have bought the first book in this series and one day I'll be on my way to start the Bandicoot Cove series!! This sounds like an awesome story and I'm really triggered here to find out for my own what this unique twist is!!

Nice to meet you!

My Photo
Pearl
Netherlands
39, married to my real life romance hero, addicted to TV shows, reading romance novels and Twitter. I'm a chronic (e)book hoarder and my absolute favorite genres within romance fiction are contemporary romance and romantic suspense, but I don't shy away from historical, paranormal or erotic romance either. Even the occasional (urban) fantasy romance, futuristic and sci fi romance may make it to my Mount TBR. This is my corner of the world wide web where I let you know what books I'm hoarding, reading and reviewing.
View my complete profile

Search This Blog

Reviews by Author


Reviews by Rating

Fellow Bloggers

Powered by Blogger.

GR Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge

Pearl has read 10 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

On My TBR Shelf

  • Unforgivable - Laura Griffin
  • Snapped - Laura Griffin
  • Darkness at Dawn - Elizabeth Jennings
  • Sizzle and Burn - Alexis Grant
  • No Mercy - Lori Armstrong
  • Animal Magnetism - Jill Shalvis
  • Crazy for Love - Victoria Dahl
  • Kink - Saskia Walker/Sasha White
  • So Sensitive - Anne Rainey
  • Dark Taste of Rapture - Gena Showalter
  • The Darkest Secret - Gena Showalter
  • Vampire in Atlantis - Alyssa Day
  • Vampire Dragon - Annette Blair
  • Captive Spirit - Anna Windsor
  • Chosen by Blood - Virna DePaul
  • Rebel - Zoe Archer
  • Stranger - Zoe Archer
  • A Taste of Desire - Beverley Kendall
  • Mistress by Midnight - Maggie Robinson
  • To Desire a Devil - Elizabeth Hoyt
  • To Tame a Dangerous Lord - Nicole Jordan

Digital TBR Next

  • Driven - Jayne Rylon (reread)
  • Shifting Gears - Jayne Rylon
  • Beg Me - Shiloh Walker
  • Tempt Me - Shiloh Walker
  • Jazz Baby - Lorelie Brown
  • Playboy Prankster - Pamela Britton
  • Just Like That - Erin Nicholas
  • Sweet Inspiration - Penny Watson
  • Breathe - Donna Alward
  • My Gigolo - Molly Burkhart
  • Scent of Persuason - Nikki Duncan

Grab My Button!

Followers

Visits

You're from...

The ROOB Posse

Leontine's Book Realm


Marissa's Romance Retreat




Realms On Our Bookshelves


Blog Archive