August 17, 2011
10:00 AM | Edit Post
He never loses control and she always tests the rules.
Chief Deputy Mike Gabel is the man in charge in Apple Trail. No one gives him more trouble than a certain blonde. While her stunts are frustrating to deal with, it’s the constant way she keeps him trapped in knots.
Tiffany McBride has a reputation for being a troublemaker. She’s been betting and causing trouble since her parents died when she was a teenager. What looks like a young woman sowing her oats, is actually desperate measures to gamble for extra money to put food on the table.
When these two acknowledge their attraction, sparks fly…that is if Mike’s public position can survive Tiffany’s frowned upon reputation.
Title: MAKING HER NIGHTS
Author: Keri Ford
Series: Uninhibited in Apple Trail Arkansas, book 4
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Turquoise Morning Press
Year of release: 2011, June 15
Source: Bought via Smashwords
Mike turned the wheel of his boat and rounded the final bend before Dutch Row Sandbar.
- Mike's self-loving scene with Tiffany in the next room > wow Mike!
- that scene in Mike's backyard patio > Wow Mike and Tiffany...you give new meaning to the word scorching!
- the scene at the tree > Keri went and made me cry at the end of the book!
Mike Gable is Chief Deputy Sheriff in Apple Trail and the epitome of self-control. He’s the good, decent guy with the impeccable reputation.
Tiffany McBride is the wild child with a bad girl reputation. She’s defiant, proud, genuinely sweet and caring,
The romance in this book is of the opposites attract variety and I loved it.
The chemistry between Mike and Tiffany is instant, mutual and scorching. I enjoyed the circling around each other and waiting for the other one to make the first real move. And once that first move is made, it's on! The sensuality is hot and Mike is the perfect example of silent waters running deep. When he unleashed his sexy, naughty side I swooned and kept thinking: 'Go for it, Tiff! Go for it!'
Keri Ford is quickly becoming one of my favorite contemporary romance authors with her fluent and crisp writing and her humorous voice. With MAKING HER NIGHTS she's also added an emotional note to her style and that worked very well for me. It is definitely the hottest of the bunch yet and IMO the best in the series to-date when it comes to the balance between emotions, characterization, romance and heat.
MAKING HER NIGHTS is another excellent installment in the Apple Trail series, a series with which Keri Ford has managed to positively surprise me with every new installment. The humorous tone, the emotions that hit home, the sexiness, it all reeled me in and made it hard for me to be patient until the next book in this lovely series.
Her voice was breathless and the gasping sound ripped through him. Not that he needed her out of breath for her voice to wrap all the way down his spine.
No, he wouldn’t die from relaxing. That was for damn sure. The honey scent of her skin filled him anew. There would be no relaxing so long as she was here. There was a very good chance he’d die from all his blood leaving his body to throb in his c#ck.
She pinched his side. “You’re making it harder to walk away by being a dork.”
“Good, because I don’t want you walking anywhere.” He cupped her cheek and turned her face up to him. “After all these years, I’ve just given myself permission to have you and you keep trying to take that away.”
“I want to be sore in the morning.” And God, she would be. It had been months and months since the last time she was with anyone. But he didn’t know that. And she wanted him so out of control, so far beyond his limits that he would never hold back here. Not in this.
She couldn’t keep up with his movement. Her legs were giving out and desire was building until she was nothing but a ball of aching need ready to burst."
Labels: Contemporary Romance, eBooks, great reads, Keri Ford, reviews, Turquoise Morning Press, Uninhibited in Apple Trail Arkansas Series
Nice to meet you!
- 39, married to my real life romance hero, addicted to TV shows, reading romance novels and Twitter. I'm a chronic (e)book hoarder and my absolute favorite genres within romance fiction are contemporary romance and romantic suspense, but I don't shy away from historical, paranormal or erotic romance either. Even the occasional (urban) fantasy romance, futuristic and sci fi romance may make it to my Mount TBR. This is my corner of the world wide web where I let you know what books I'm hoarding, reading and reviewing.
Reviews by Rating
Reviews by Genre
Reviews by Type
Reviews by Publisher
- Samhain Publishing (65)
- Berkley Publishing (56)
- HQN Books (40)
- Kensington Publishing (40)
- Ellora's Cave Publishing (34)
- Pocket Books (29)
- Bantam Dell (25)
- HarperCollins Publishers (24)
- St Martin's Press (24)
- Grand Central Publishing (20)
- Ballantine Books (19)
- Harlequin Books (16)
- Carina Press (15)
- Self-Published (12)
- Dorchester Publishing (11)
- Signet Eclipse (10)
- Turquoise Morning Press (5)
- MIRA Books (4)
- Noble Romance Publishing (4)
- Loose ID Publishing (3)
- HCI Books (2)
- The Wild Rose Press (2)
- Cerridwen Press (1)
- Etopia Press (1)
- Excessica Publishing (1)
- Lachesis Publishing (1)
- Liquid Silver Books (1)
- Red Rose Publishing (1)
- SourceBooks (1)
- Total-E-Bound Publishing (1)
- Vanguard Press (1)
Powered by Blogger.
On My TBR Shelf
- Unforgivable - Laura Griffin
- Snapped - Laura Griffin
- Darkness at Dawn - Elizabeth Jennings
- Sizzle and Burn - Alexis Grant
- No Mercy - Lori Armstrong
- Animal Magnetism - Jill Shalvis
- Crazy for Love - Victoria Dahl
- Kink - Saskia Walker/Sasha White
- So Sensitive - Anne Rainey
- Dark Taste of Rapture - Gena Showalter
- The Darkest Secret - Gena Showalter
- Vampire in Atlantis - Alyssa Day
- Vampire Dragon - Annette Blair
- Captive Spirit - Anna Windsor
- Chosen by Blood - Virna DePaul
- Rebel - Zoe Archer
- Stranger - Zoe Archer
- A Taste of Desire - Beverley Kendall
- Mistress by Midnight - Maggie Robinson
- To Desire a Devil - Elizabeth Hoyt
- To Tame a Dangerous Lord - Nicole Jordan
Digital TBR Next
- Driven - Jayne Rylon (reread)
- Shifting Gears - Jayne Rylon
- Beg Me - Shiloh Walker
- Tempt Me - Shiloh Walker
- Jazz Baby - Lorelie Brown
- Playboy Prankster - Pamela Britton
- Just Like That - Erin Nicholas
- Sweet Inspiration - Penny Watson
- Breathe - Donna Alward
- My Gigolo - Molly Burkhart
- Scent of Persuason - Nikki Duncan
- Announcement: Winners of the Wolfie World Tour Ann...
- ARC-Review: GOOD GIRLS DON'T by Victoria Dahl
- Announcement: Winner Never Enough Blog-Tour
- ARC-Review: IN BED WITH A HIGHLANDER by Maya Banks...
- Announcement + Giveaway: Vivian Arend's Wolfie Wor...
- ARC-Review: NEVER ENOUGH by Lauren Dane
- Guestpost: Vivian Arend introduces Bandicoot Cove
- Quotes-Post: Lauren Dane's NEVER ENOUGH + Giveaway...
- ARC-Review: THE STOLEN BRIDE by Abby Green
- ARC-Review: PARADISE FOUND by Vivian Arend
- DNF-review: PARTY GAMES by Elise Hepner
- Bandicoot Cove-Preview: PARADISE FOUND by Vivian A...
- QuickScore-ARCreview: EXOTIC INDULGENCE by Vivian ...
- Review: MAKING HER NIGHTS by Keri Ford
- Review: BONDI BEACH BOYS by Rhian Cahill
- Review: THE RELUCTANT NUDE by Meg Maguire
- QuickScore-Review: WICKED DIRTY by Scarlett Scott
- Review: CAUGHT ON CAMERA by Meg Maguire
- ARC-Review: DECEIVING THE PROTECTOR by Dee Tenorio...
- Review: A LOT LIKE LOVE by Julie James
- QuickScore-Review: THE LITTLE PLAID SKIRT SAGA by ...
- Review: JUST RIGHT by Erin Nicholas
- QuicknDirty-Review: NO MATTER WHAT by Erin Nichola...
- QuickScore-Review: RISQUE BUSINESS by HelenKay Dim...
- QuickScore-Review: WISHING FOR GRACE by Inez Kelle...
- Review: KADE by Cheyenne McCray
- Anthology-Review: THE GUY NEXT DOOR by Lori Foster...
- Review: THE SWEETEST THING by Jill Shalvis
- Review: SADDLED AND SPURRED by Lorelei James
- ARC-Review: IN THE AIR TONIGHT by Stephanie Tyler
- ▼ August (30)
- ► 2010 (128)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (127)