August 16, 2011
10:00 AM | Edit Post
After weeks of lusting over a couple of hot surfers, Piper Doyle has the opportunity to turn fantasy into reality. There’s just one problem—they’re her new clients. When the men offer a no-strings-attached affair, Piper has a decision to make, one her body made for her weeks ago when she first started watching “her boys.” She can’t risk the job that could make or break her career, but she sure as hell isn’t going to pass up this chance to live out her wildest dreams…
Sam Bridges and Nate Russo share everything, from their home to their business to the occasional woman. Even themselves. But they’ve never shared what they feel for Piper. What starts out as hot sex with a willing woman turns into something none of them expected—but what’s wrong with a few strings on a hot summer day at the beach…
Warnings: This book contains graphic sexual content that some readers may find objectionable (including ménage a trois with male/male sex, anal sex)
Title: BONDI BEACH BOYS
Author: Rhian Cahill
Series: Beach Bums, Vol. 1, standalone
Genre: Erotic Romance
Publisher: Etopia Press
Year of release: 2011, May 6
Source: Bought via the Etopia Press eBook-store
Piper pushed through the glass door and sucked in a blast of hot air like walking into the bowels of hell, but she wasn’t going back inside the air-conditioned interior of the café for anything.
-Scene in the kitchen with Piper caged between Sam and Nate > though nothing explicit happened the sexual tension was mind-blowing!
- the love scene from Piper's POV > loved this scene and Rhian Cahill owns me a new fan now ;)
Web designer Piper Doyle is a thinker and labeler, she tries to see and understand things from all angles. I really loved Piper. She was sweet, intuitive and refreshing. Though she was hesitant at first because of her lack of experience and their business agreement, she followed her gut and gave into the attraction and chemistry with her Bondi Beach boys.
The heroes are Sam Bridges and Nathan Russo, owners of S&N Construction: a construction company that turns over fixer-uppers. Sam is laidback, smooth and gentle while Nate is demanding, in control and rough. I loved the differences between Sam and Nate and how Rhian Cahill used their POVs to show them. I also enjoyed seeing them both out of sorts because of their powerful feelings for Piper. They were cute in their concern and sizzling hot in their need for her.
Many know of my love for the ménage trope but this is not a mindless love. The ménages I enjoy the most are the ones where it is not automatically assumed that because there’s heat and chemistry, a relationship will automatically work. Rhian Cahill gave me this because I loved that Piper, though extremely attracted to Sam and Nate, didn't just mindlessly fall into bed with them and questioned the idea of the three of them together.
The first love scene of this book is a quickie between Sam and Nate...it was hot but not my cuppa tea so I was anxiously waiting for Piper's contribution to the love scenes. When Piper got involved it was beyond hot and I loved it. The scene in the kitchen, when Sam and Nate were just holding her, would've made my knees go all wobbly if I hadn't read it sitting down and same goes for the other loves scenes that centered on Piper.
Honesty commands me to say that the m/m parts of the love scenes (there were only 2) didn't quite work for me because first and obviously I'm not a fan of m/m action. Secondly I found them less intense and sizzling compared to the scenes where Piper was the center of the attention. I do not kid when I say (here on the Blog or on Twitter) that I don’t mind reading m/m scenes but somewhere there has to be a female who is the focal point. For m/m sexy times to work for a little me I need more intensity and I missed that in these scenes in particular.
What can I say about Rhian Cahill's writing that I haven't in earlier reviews of her books? Uhm...nothing so I'll just repeat that I love her writing, it's enthralling and once I start reading I can't stop until I'm done with the book and then I crave more of it! There are a few authors who have the ability to mesmerize me with their words and Rhian Cahill is definitely one of them. Her descriptions of feelings, lust and need but also mundane stuff as houses and scenery are indescribably good. I've said it before and it bears repeating: she could write package leaflets for medication and I'd still gobble it up.
It's no secret I like ménage themed erotic romances. It's also no secret I am not comfortable with m/m (erotic) romance but I do have a few authors who have given me pretty nice m/m/f books and having read BONDI BEACH BOYS I can count Rhian Cahill among them now.
BONDI BEACH BOYS is another scorcher from Ms. Cahill and I loved it. Though m/f/m ménages are still my favorites I thoroughly enjoyed this m/m/f one because honestly, Rhian Cahill's writing blows me away every single time, even in tropes that are not settled in my comfort zone.
Together they were a sexy temptation a nun would be hard pressed to refuse.
What little air had been left in her lungs was sucked out. Standing in front of her were both her Bondi Beach Boys. From a distance, they were gorgeous. Up close they were devastating. Her body tingled and her vision had sparkly little stars dancing around. Passing out on their front step suddenly seemed a definite possibility.
Nate flashed his lady-killer smile, the one that made women drop their panties, or at least agree to whatever he’d suggested.
Her name, whispered against her ear, flowed over her. Like warm honey, it coated her skin and sent heat bursting through her veins, teasing every nerve ending. A shiver started in her curled toes and traveled up. Up, up, up, striking at sensitive places with a rush of arousal and need. Desire and want like none she’d known tore open the cage of restraint. She pressed closer, ran her hands over cloth-covered muscles that shuddered beneath her touch. An answering tremor vibrated down her spine.
She closed her eyes, struggled to hold back the moan in her throat. He stepped away, the loss of heat against her back noticeable. Piper waited, for what she didn’t know, but the very room seemed to hold its breath as her body fought the onslaught of desire that saturated every nerve ending. Drowning in her own lust, she barely heard Sam speak. Barely saw the piece of paper he placed in front of her with both his and Nate’s phone numbers on it. When he finally left the room, all the air that had backed up in her lungs exploded in a gust of desperation.
How did these two men drive her to distraction without trying? What was it about them that pulled unknown needs and wants from deep inside her? Needs and wants Piper had had no clue existed until they’d yanked them from her. Urges and desires so outside her universe she could be on an alien planet.
Labels: Beach Bums, Contemporary Romance, Erotic Romance, Etopia Press, great reads, reviews, Rhian Cahill
Nice to meet you!
- 39, married to my real life romance hero, addicted to TV shows, reading romance novels and Twitter. I'm a chronic (e)book hoarder and my absolute favorite genres within romance fiction are contemporary romance and romantic suspense, but I don't shy away from historical, paranormal or erotic romance either. Even the occasional (urban) fantasy romance, futuristic and sci fi romance may make it to my Mount TBR. This is my corner of the world wide web where I let you know what books I'm hoarding, reading and reviewing.
Reviews by Rating
Reviews by Genre
Reviews by Type
Reviews by Publisher
- Samhain Publishing (65)
- Berkley Publishing (56)
- HQN Books (40)
- Kensington Publishing (40)
- Ellora's Cave Publishing (34)
- Pocket Books (29)
- Bantam Dell (25)
- HarperCollins Publishers (24)
- St Martin's Press (24)
- Grand Central Publishing (20)
- Ballantine Books (19)
- Harlequin Books (16)
- Carina Press (15)
- Self-Published (12)
- Dorchester Publishing (11)
- Signet Eclipse (10)
- Turquoise Morning Press (5)
- MIRA Books (4)
- Noble Romance Publishing (4)
- Loose ID Publishing (3)
- HCI Books (2)
- The Wild Rose Press (2)
- Cerridwen Press (1)
- Etopia Press (1)
- Excessica Publishing (1)
- Lachesis Publishing (1)
- Liquid Silver Books (1)
- Red Rose Publishing (1)
- SourceBooks (1)
- Total-E-Bound Publishing (1)
- Vanguard Press (1)
Powered by Blogger.
On My TBR Shelf
- Unforgivable - Laura Griffin
- Snapped - Laura Griffin
- Darkness at Dawn - Elizabeth Jennings
- Sizzle and Burn - Alexis Grant
- No Mercy - Lori Armstrong
- Animal Magnetism - Jill Shalvis
- Crazy for Love - Victoria Dahl
- Kink - Saskia Walker/Sasha White
- So Sensitive - Anne Rainey
- Dark Taste of Rapture - Gena Showalter
- The Darkest Secret - Gena Showalter
- Vampire in Atlantis - Alyssa Day
- Vampire Dragon - Annette Blair
- Captive Spirit - Anna Windsor
- Chosen by Blood - Virna DePaul
- Rebel - Zoe Archer
- Stranger - Zoe Archer
- A Taste of Desire - Beverley Kendall
- Mistress by Midnight - Maggie Robinson
- To Desire a Devil - Elizabeth Hoyt
- To Tame a Dangerous Lord - Nicole Jordan
Digital TBR Next
- Driven - Jayne Rylon (reread)
- Shifting Gears - Jayne Rylon
- Beg Me - Shiloh Walker
- Tempt Me - Shiloh Walker
- Jazz Baby - Lorelie Brown
- Playboy Prankster - Pamela Britton
- Just Like That - Erin Nicholas
- Sweet Inspiration - Penny Watson
- Breathe - Donna Alward
- My Gigolo - Molly Burkhart
- Scent of Persuason - Nikki Duncan
- Announcement: Winners of the Wolfie World Tour Ann...
- ARC-Review: GOOD GIRLS DON'T by Victoria Dahl
- Announcement: Winner Never Enough Blog-Tour
- ARC-Review: IN BED WITH A HIGHLANDER by Maya Banks...
- Announcement + Giveaway: Vivian Arend's Wolfie Wor...
- ARC-Review: NEVER ENOUGH by Lauren Dane
- Guestpost: Vivian Arend introduces Bandicoot Cove
- Quotes-Post: Lauren Dane's NEVER ENOUGH + Giveaway...
- ARC-Review: THE STOLEN BRIDE by Abby Green
- ARC-Review: PARADISE FOUND by Vivian Arend
- DNF-review: PARTY GAMES by Elise Hepner
- Bandicoot Cove-Preview: PARADISE FOUND by Vivian A...
- QuickScore-ARCreview: EXOTIC INDULGENCE by Vivian ...
- Review: MAKING HER NIGHTS by Keri Ford
- Review: BONDI BEACH BOYS by Rhian Cahill
- Review: THE RELUCTANT NUDE by Meg Maguire
- QuickScore-Review: WICKED DIRTY by Scarlett Scott
- Review: CAUGHT ON CAMERA by Meg Maguire
- ARC-Review: DECEIVING THE PROTECTOR by Dee Tenorio...
- Review: A LOT LIKE LOVE by Julie James
- QuickScore-Review: THE LITTLE PLAID SKIRT SAGA by ...
- Review: JUST RIGHT by Erin Nicholas
- QuicknDirty-Review: NO MATTER WHAT by Erin Nichola...
- QuickScore-Review: RISQUE BUSINESS by HelenKay Dim...
- QuickScore-Review: WISHING FOR GRACE by Inez Kelle...
- Review: KADE by Cheyenne McCray
- Anthology-Review: THE GUY NEXT DOOR by Lori Foster...
- Review: THE SWEETEST THING by Jill Shalvis
- Review: SADDLED AND SPURRED by Lorelei James
- ARC-Review: IN THE AIR TONIGHT by Stephanie Tyler
- ▼ August (30)
- ► 2010 (128)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (127)