August 6, 2011
8:00 AM | Edit Post
Caz Talbot is a former performing musician now songwriter who kicked his alcohol and drugs habit successfully though not without a price. He's clean now and it's hard but he's making the best of it, wishing one day he'll get to see the child he lost because of his addiction. When his brother Bastian makes that happen, a rollercoaster of emotions starts but there’s also hope at the end of the ride.
Title: WISHING FOR GRACE
Author: Inez Kelley
Series: Free read connected to TURN IT UP
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Free read provided by author
Year of release: 2011, August 1
Format: ebook, pdf
Source: I downloaded it from HERE on the author's website
The hot glare of the stage lights was familiar, but Caz wasn‘t center stage.
- It's only 27 pages and the whole thing was memorable!!! Some highpoints though were:
*Caz hugging Grace for the first time
* Grace's present and drawing for Caz
WISHING FOR GRACE is a story of love, pain, fear and redemption. The story is wholly focused on Caz and completely from his POV. That's why I can't tell you much about Maggie other than that she's a woman with forgiveness in her heart but not willing to let anything or anyone hurt her child, not even the father.
I was happy to have this crumb of Caz and Maggie's story but it was not nearly enough to satisfy my craving for a full story on those two. To get to know Maggie and Grace even more, know more of their past and see the future unfold for these three amazing characters.
Turning around took absolute concentration. His legs were wooden, his gut filled with lead but somehow, he moved. The space between them shrank. Maggie‘s long brown hair caught the winking lights of the mirrored ball hanging overhead. She might have been wearing a costume, he wasn‘t sure. He concentrated on her face. If he looked down… No, he couldn‘t handle that yet. Maggie‘s face was safe. He saw it often in his dreams. Her cheeks were a bit rounder and carried a soft blush. Had her eyes always been the shade of dark Columbian coffee? She sent him a fragile smile and his heart rate bottomed out. Flatline.
How pathetic. He made a living writing word and music, telling a story, provoking emotions and stirring the soul but the best he could manage for her was, 'I‘m sorry.' And he was. He was a sorry excuse for a man.
Hello, Grace. I’m your father. I’ve loved you since the minute I found out about you. You’re my strength and my soul and I’m so sorry I wasn’t strong enough, that I couldn’t be there for every minute of your life. Please don’t hate me. Let me love you. You don’t have to love me back.
Labels: connected books, Contemporary Romance, eBooks, freebie, good reads, Inez Kelley, QuickScore-review, Self-Published
Nice to meet you!
- 39, married to my real life romance hero, addicted to TV shows, reading romance novels and Twitter. I'm a chronic (e)book hoarder and my absolute favorite genres within romance fiction are contemporary romance and romantic suspense, but I don't shy away from historical, paranormal or erotic romance either. Even the occasional (urban) fantasy romance, futuristic and sci fi romance may make it to my Mount TBR. This is my corner of the world wide web where I let you know what books I'm hoarding, reading and reviewing.
Reviews by Rating
Reviews by Genre
Reviews by Type
Reviews by Publisher
- Samhain Publishing (65)
- Berkley Publishing (56)
- HQN Books (40)
- Kensington Publishing (40)
- Ellora's Cave Publishing (34)
- Pocket Books (29)
- Bantam Dell (25)
- HarperCollins Publishers (24)
- St Martin's Press (24)
- Grand Central Publishing (20)
- Ballantine Books (19)
- Harlequin Books (16)
- Carina Press (15)
- Self-Published (12)
- Dorchester Publishing (11)
- Signet Eclipse (10)
- Turquoise Morning Press (5)
- MIRA Books (4)
- Noble Romance Publishing (4)
- Loose ID Publishing (3)
- HCI Books (2)
- The Wild Rose Press (2)
- Cerridwen Press (1)
- Etopia Press (1)
- Excessica Publishing (1)
- Lachesis Publishing (1)
- Liquid Silver Books (1)
- Red Rose Publishing (1)
- SourceBooks (1)
- Total-E-Bound Publishing (1)
- Vanguard Press (1)
Powered by Blogger.
On My TBR Shelf
- Unforgivable - Laura Griffin
- Snapped - Laura Griffin
- Darkness at Dawn - Elizabeth Jennings
- Sizzle and Burn - Alexis Grant
- No Mercy - Lori Armstrong
- Animal Magnetism - Jill Shalvis
- Crazy for Love - Victoria Dahl
- Kink - Saskia Walker/Sasha White
- So Sensitive - Anne Rainey
- Dark Taste of Rapture - Gena Showalter
- The Darkest Secret - Gena Showalter
- Vampire in Atlantis - Alyssa Day
- Vampire Dragon - Annette Blair
- Captive Spirit - Anna Windsor
- Chosen by Blood - Virna DePaul
- Rebel - Zoe Archer
- Stranger - Zoe Archer
- A Taste of Desire - Beverley Kendall
- Mistress by Midnight - Maggie Robinson
- To Desire a Devil - Elizabeth Hoyt
- To Tame a Dangerous Lord - Nicole Jordan
Digital TBR Next
- Driven - Jayne Rylon (reread)
- Shifting Gears - Jayne Rylon
- Beg Me - Shiloh Walker
- Tempt Me - Shiloh Walker
- Jazz Baby - Lorelie Brown
- Playboy Prankster - Pamela Britton
- Just Like That - Erin Nicholas
- Sweet Inspiration - Penny Watson
- Breathe - Donna Alward
- My Gigolo - Molly Burkhart
- Scent of Persuason - Nikki Duncan
- Announcement: Winners of the Wolfie World Tour Ann...
- ARC-Review: GOOD GIRLS DON'T by Victoria Dahl
- Announcement: Winner Never Enough Blog-Tour
- ARC-Review: IN BED WITH A HIGHLANDER by Maya Banks...
- Announcement + Giveaway: Vivian Arend's Wolfie Wor...
- ARC-Review: NEVER ENOUGH by Lauren Dane
- Guestpost: Vivian Arend introduces Bandicoot Cove
- Quotes-Post: Lauren Dane's NEVER ENOUGH + Giveaway...
- ARC-Review: THE STOLEN BRIDE by Abby Green
- ARC-Review: PARADISE FOUND by Vivian Arend
- DNF-review: PARTY GAMES by Elise Hepner
- Bandicoot Cove-Preview: PARADISE FOUND by Vivian A...
- QuickScore-ARCreview: EXOTIC INDULGENCE by Vivian ...
- Review: MAKING HER NIGHTS by Keri Ford
- Review: BONDI BEACH BOYS by Rhian Cahill
- Review: THE RELUCTANT NUDE by Meg Maguire
- QuickScore-Review: WICKED DIRTY by Scarlett Scott
- Review: CAUGHT ON CAMERA by Meg Maguire
- ARC-Review: DECEIVING THE PROTECTOR by Dee Tenorio...
- Review: A LOT LIKE LOVE by Julie James
- QuickScore-Review: THE LITTLE PLAID SKIRT SAGA by ...
- Review: JUST RIGHT by Erin Nicholas
- QuicknDirty-Review: NO MATTER WHAT by Erin Nichola...
- QuickScore-Review: RISQUE BUSINESS by HelenKay Dim...
- QuickScore-Review: WISHING FOR GRACE by Inez Kelle...
- Review: KADE by Cheyenne McCray
- Anthology-Review: THE GUY NEXT DOOR by Lori Foster...
- Review: THE SWEETEST THING by Jill Shalvis
- Review: SADDLED AND SPURRED by Lorelei James
- ARC-Review: IN THE AIR TONIGHT by Stephanie Tyler
- ▼ August (30)
- ► 2010 (128)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (127)