August 22, 2011
10:00 AM | Edit Post
Tomorrow marks the first release date of the Bandicoot Cove Experience, a feature on the Blog beween now and and September 21st with Previews, ARC-reviews and Guestposts from the authors Vivian Arend, Lexxie Couper and Jess Dee. And it's a twofer! Because not only does Vivian Arend's PARADISE FOUND come out, there's also the freebie EXOTIC INDULGENCE, which kicks off the series with an sizzling hot introduction. My review of EXOTIC INDULGENCE can be found HERE
Today I have my ARC-review of PARADISE FOUND for you to enjoy. My only warning for this book: Have a tall glass of ice-water ready once you start reading this one! It's smokin' hot!!
Coming up next:
- Vivian Arend’s Guestpost on PARADISE FOUND and the series – Thursday August 25th
- Preview of TROPICAL SIN by Lexxie Couper – Friday September 2nd
- My ARC-Review of TROPICAL SIN by Lexxie Couper – Monday September 5th
Paige has enjoyed every no-strings-attached minute with her two Australian lovers, Trent and Mason. Over the past eleven months, they’ve surfed, hiked…and explored their seemingly limitless sexual chemistry.
Her lovers’ invitation to the opening of a new resort comes at the ideal time, because in a few days she’s returning to Canada. It’ll be a fitting swan song for their easygoing relationship. A chance to fulfill a few fantasies and then escape before her men realize she’s broken the rules by falling in love with them both. Better to take flight than be forced to choose.
Unaware of Paige’s self-imposed deadline, Trent and Mason scheme to get Paige on their yacht for a once-in-a-lifetime voyage with one goal in mind: break the news that they’re ready for something more than casual—and hope she doesn’t run like hell.
It’s a delicate operation that’ll require close attention to which way her emotional winds are blowing. One wrong word, and their paradise-perfect arrangement could be lost in an instant.
Warning: This book starts with the heat turned way up high. Two men entirely focused on one woman’s pleasure. One woman stepping outside the box to please her men. An exotic resort suite featuring an erotic piece of furniture that makes ménage a trois even hotter than usual. Really
Title: PARADISE FOUND
Author: Vivian Arend
Series: Bandicoot Cove, book 2
Genre: Erotic Romance, Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Year of release: 2011, August 23
Source: Received e-ARC from author for review
Trent dropped the engraved invitation back into his shirt pocket and dug out the access code he’d been given for the computerized keypad.
- Mason's entry into the story, misinterpreting the role play > awesomely written
- Paige and Trent baking and naming a heavenly dessert for a wedding at the resort > perfect example of the excellent mix of humor and heat
- the erotic piece of furniture scene > all I could think was OMG Viv, OMG!
Paige Kingston is a pastry chef who’s adventurous, bold, uninhibited, sensual, and headstrong. Her guys are two yummy Aussies: Trent Sullivan, a customs inspector and Kylie's younger brother (Kylie is heroine of book 1). Trent is passionate, wild, a talker (exactly how I like ‘em!). He’s also a little dominating and a little rough around the edges. And then we have Mason Wood, a writer of erotic romance novels (YAY!). He’s impulsive, gentle, protective, and chivalrous.
Paige is a Canadian pastry chef on an Australian adventure for over a year and during that adventure she's also explored sexually, getting hot and heavy with not one but two gorgeous guys. But her adventures are coming to an end as she's about to head back to Canada
Trent and Mason are best friends and both in love with Paige and while she is planning and sad about her departure they are planning how to keep her with them forever, taking it from casual to permanent.
The (sexual) dynamics between Trent, Paige and Mason is awesome. Paige likes to be dominated a bit by Trent but with Mason it's she who likes to be the one calling the shots and giving the commands. And yet Mason seems the one more sure about their feelings for Paige whereas Trent seemed to be a tad more uncertain about the future and hesitant to dive in with both feet at first.
I loved the secondary cast and their introduction into the book. Most of them are the main characters in the other books and they form a group of family and friends that I know I am going to have an awesome time with reading their stories. I really liked how they were subtly introduced without intruding on the main characters of this book.
Viv's writing suits me so well. The way she's able to suck me into her stories every time is not only because of the tropes but also because of her easy, fluent and crisp writing. Lots of fabulous dialogues, no heavy-duty stuff yet still enough going on to hook me emotionally. And the humor, OMG, the humor is so on point and so my kind of humor I read her books with a either a big smile on my face or laughing out loud in between fanning away the hot flashes.
I love that Vivian Arend started the book in the here and now and with a sexual bang and then goes back and subtly inserts back-stories and there's even a flashback of how the three of them met. I love that as it gives the characters depth, keeps the pace fast and yet you get the full story feel even if it is a fairly short (novella-length) story/book.
What I also love is Vivian Arend's approach of the ménage trope. Next to all the hot sexy times she never lets the characters go into a permanent threesome mindlessly. There are doubts and insecurities that make her characters likeable, keeps them down-to-earth and easy to relate to and it they make her ménages realistic and less ultimate fantasy-like.
PARADISE FOUND is explicit, so if you're looking for sweet non-smutty romance without words like c#ck, f#ck or p#ssy...turn the other way because it will not be for you. However if you're okay with explicitness and ménages (like I am) you will gobble this one up. This book was so hot it made me think sexual stuff even when they weren't talking about sex. An example:
A resounding groan slipped from his mate’s lips, and Mason chuckled under his breath as Trent popped the top button of his trousers and stretched his legs under the table.
“I’m going to explode,” Trent complained.
Guess where my dirty mind went...
Paige shook her head in mock sympathy. “Really? Why does that not surprise me? Wait, let me guess. Maybe it was the four helpings of crepes you hoovered down? Or the six-egg omelet?”
“I think it was the tarts. I’ve never seen a selection of pastries like that before.”
So much for my dirty mind... :)
If EXOTIC INDULGENCE (the freebie first book) was the appetizer that started off this indulgent and yummy meal of ménages that is Bandicoot Cove, then PARADISE FOUND was the entrée that makes me look forward to the main course with bated breath. As far as ménages go, this series is definitely going to be a the top of my favorites list and Vivian Arend has set the bar high for her fellow authors in this series.
Paige instantly covered her breasts.
He rumbled with laughter. “That’s not what I meant.”
Trent rose from the ground. All six-foot-four of him looked pissed, although with his dick hanging out of his pants, a little of the overall intimidation factor was lost. Mason snickered in spite of fearing he might be smacked in return.
Mason picked her up and returned the squeeze as he attempted to ignore the soft swell of her breasts peeking above the low scoop of her top. Tried to refrain from grinding his half-hard c#ck against her body and rutting on her like a sex-crazed maniac. It was tough considering the moment her knees left the mattress she’d swung her legs around his hips and now clung to him, an erotic body wrap. The wet heat of her sex sat directly over his dick, and things were not getting any less impressed below his beltline.
Mason kissed her, drawing a moan of satisfaction from her in the way he made love to her mouth. He really was the most fantastic kisser. Plus all the other things he did with that mouth—sinfully good.
As she pulled on her swimsuit, her thoughts whirled.
Was she going to enjoy the weekend? Physically, she had no doubts that she’d be sated and completely satisfied long before their time together ended. Emotionally? She needed to brace her few remaining walls, or the coming heartache was going to kill her.
Paige snatched his wrist in both her hands and actually bounced with excitement. “We’re going to the water slide. You want to come?”
Jesus. No . Sliding with his c#ck the size of a cricket bat he was liable to put out an eye.
Trent’s jaw swung open. “Holy f#ck, are you hitting on me?”
“No! Bloody hell, I mean with Paige. I see no reason why we can’t both be with her, for good. If she wants a marriage license to make it official, that’s fine with me, but I don’t care if it’s your name on the piece of paper next to hers, or mine. There’s enough room for me to care for her, and you—in a totally nonsexual way—and I just…” Mason trailed off. The look of amusement on Trent’s face pissed him off a little. “What?”
Trent sniffed dramatically. “My first marriage proposal. Mason, I’m touched.”
“Kylie was appreciative, although also a little distracted.”
“That makes sense. She’s responsible for a lot right now.”
Her laughter increased. “Oh yeah, I’m sure that broom closet I saw her getting dragged into by Mr. Tall, Dark and Studly was high on the priority list for the soft opening.”
She ran a finger along the edge of the bowl, scooped up a smear of the chocolate sauce onto her fingertip and offered it to him.
[...] He sucked her finger into his mouth and moaned. The dessert was tasty, but having her finger to suck and tease, to be able to watch her eyes widen and hear her breath catch as he twirled his tongue around the digit? Torture.
Mason leaned in on her right, resting his chin lightly on her shoulder. He stared at her legs before giving a low growl. “I’m so going to strip those stockings off with my teeth.”
Buy links: Samhain | Amazon |Barnes & Noble
Vivian Arend | Lexxie Couper | Jess Dee | Bandicoot Cove
Paradise Found | Tropical Sin | Island Idyll | Exotic Indulgence
Labels: ARC-review, awesome reads, Bandicoot Cove Experience, Bandicoot Cove Series, Contemporary Romance, Erotic Romance, reviews, Samhain Publishing, Vivian Arend
Nice to meet you!
- 39, married to my real life romance hero, addicted to TV shows, reading romance novels and Twitter. I'm a chronic (e)book hoarder and my absolute favorite genres within romance fiction are contemporary romance and romantic suspense, but I don't shy away from historical, paranormal or erotic romance either. Even the occasional (urban) fantasy romance, futuristic and sci fi romance may make it to my Mount TBR. This is my corner of the world wide web where I let you know what books I'm hoarding, reading and reviewing.
Reviews by Rating
Reviews by Genre
Reviews by Type
Reviews by Publisher
- Samhain Publishing (65)
- Berkley Publishing (56)
- HQN Books (40)
- Kensington Publishing (40)
- Ellora's Cave Publishing (34)
- Pocket Books (29)
- Bantam Dell (25)
- HarperCollins Publishers (24)
- St Martin's Press (24)
- Grand Central Publishing (20)
- Ballantine Books (19)
- Harlequin Books (16)
- Carina Press (15)
- Self-Published (12)
- Dorchester Publishing (11)
- Signet Eclipse (10)
- Turquoise Morning Press (5)
- MIRA Books (4)
- Noble Romance Publishing (4)
- Loose ID Publishing (3)
- HCI Books (2)
- The Wild Rose Press (2)
- Cerridwen Press (1)
- Etopia Press (1)
- Excessica Publishing (1)
- Lachesis Publishing (1)
- Liquid Silver Books (1)
- Red Rose Publishing (1)
- SourceBooks (1)
- Total-E-Bound Publishing (1)
- Vanguard Press (1)
Powered by Blogger.
On My TBR Shelf
- Unforgivable - Laura Griffin
- Snapped - Laura Griffin
- Darkness at Dawn - Elizabeth Jennings
- Sizzle and Burn - Alexis Grant
- No Mercy - Lori Armstrong
- Animal Magnetism - Jill Shalvis
- Crazy for Love - Victoria Dahl
- Kink - Saskia Walker/Sasha White
- So Sensitive - Anne Rainey
- Dark Taste of Rapture - Gena Showalter
- The Darkest Secret - Gena Showalter
- Vampire in Atlantis - Alyssa Day
- Vampire Dragon - Annette Blair
- Captive Spirit - Anna Windsor
- Chosen by Blood - Virna DePaul
- Rebel - Zoe Archer
- Stranger - Zoe Archer
- A Taste of Desire - Beverley Kendall
- Mistress by Midnight - Maggie Robinson
- To Desire a Devil - Elizabeth Hoyt
- To Tame a Dangerous Lord - Nicole Jordan
Digital TBR Next
- Driven - Jayne Rylon (reread)
- Shifting Gears - Jayne Rylon
- Beg Me - Shiloh Walker
- Tempt Me - Shiloh Walker
- Jazz Baby - Lorelie Brown
- Playboy Prankster - Pamela Britton
- Just Like That - Erin Nicholas
- Sweet Inspiration - Penny Watson
- Breathe - Donna Alward
- My Gigolo - Molly Burkhart
- Scent of Persuason - Nikki Duncan
- Announcement: Winners of the Wolfie World Tour Ann...
- ARC-Review: GOOD GIRLS DON'T by Victoria Dahl
- Announcement: Winner Never Enough Blog-Tour
- ARC-Review: IN BED WITH A HIGHLANDER by Maya Banks...
- Announcement + Giveaway: Vivian Arend's Wolfie Wor...
- ARC-Review: NEVER ENOUGH by Lauren Dane
- Guestpost: Vivian Arend introduces Bandicoot Cove
- Quotes-Post: Lauren Dane's NEVER ENOUGH + Giveaway...
- ARC-Review: THE STOLEN BRIDE by Abby Green
- ARC-Review: PARADISE FOUND by Vivian Arend
- DNF-review: PARTY GAMES by Elise Hepner
- Bandicoot Cove-Preview: PARADISE FOUND by Vivian A...
- QuickScore-ARCreview: EXOTIC INDULGENCE by Vivian ...
- Review: MAKING HER NIGHTS by Keri Ford
- Review: BONDI BEACH BOYS by Rhian Cahill
- Review: THE RELUCTANT NUDE by Meg Maguire
- QuickScore-Review: WICKED DIRTY by Scarlett Scott
- Review: CAUGHT ON CAMERA by Meg Maguire
- ARC-Review: DECEIVING THE PROTECTOR by Dee Tenorio...
- Review: A LOT LIKE LOVE by Julie James
- QuickScore-Review: THE LITTLE PLAID SKIRT SAGA by ...
- Review: JUST RIGHT by Erin Nicholas
- QuicknDirty-Review: NO MATTER WHAT by Erin Nichola...
- QuickScore-Review: RISQUE BUSINESS by HelenKay Dim...
- QuickScore-Review: WISHING FOR GRACE by Inez Kelle...
- Review: KADE by Cheyenne McCray
- Anthology-Review: THE GUY NEXT DOOR by Lori Foster...
- Review: THE SWEETEST THING by Jill Shalvis
- Review: SADDLED AND SPURRED by Lorelei James
- ARC-Review: IN THE AIR TONIGHT by Stephanie Tyler
- ▼ August (30)
- ► 2010 (128)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (127)