May 13, 2011
8:00 AM | Edit Post
Two guys. A girl. One incredible game of pool…
Scarlett wants to escape, even if it’s just for a little while. So she heads to Southern Comfort, where she’ll find a certain marine she can’t get out of her head. And she knows he won’t be alone.
Michael spies the uptight woman of his dreams the minute she fights through the crowd. She’s sexy as sin and he can’t take his eyes off her while she flirts over some liquid courage. When she finally heads his way, it’s time to find out if she can live up to her end of the fantasy.
Red-hot chemistry may call the shots, but once you take the double hit… The game is on.
Title: SOUTHERN COMFORT
Author: Eve Cassidy
Series: Standalone, part of Ellora’s Cave EXOTIKA line
Genre: Erotica, Erotic Romance, Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave
Year of release: 2010, September 2
Source: Bought via Jasmine Jade eBook store
Scarlett Bailey approached the entrance to the bar with equal parts trepidation and excitement.
The scene just before the pool game starts > hot!
Interesting stuff on a pool table, a little bit of dirty talk and the fulfillment of a fantasy.
Normally I break this part down into hero and heroine but because the story was so short I didn’t get an extensive enough picture of the characters to send them through my usual character analysis so I’m sweeping them all up together in one short paragraph
The main characters of this story are the commanding and forceful Sergeant Michael Conner and Scarlett Bailey. Scarlett is a passionate wicked woman underneath the veneer of a straight-laced marine, looking for a good time with the man she's longed for, ever since she was placed in his unit.
I need to read more of Eve Cassidy's work to be able to form a founded opinion but this short story definitely made me want to taste more
- set up of the story and build-up of the sexual tension
- the unexpected twist at the end of the story
- the shortness of the story that didn’t leave room for exploration of the characters
Extremely short (only 32 pages) but very hot ménage story with an unexpected little twist at the end. Liked it but would love to read 'the whole story' on Michael and Scarlett.
Then she spotted him in the form of snug jeans riding low on his waist and a black . . . between her thighs and her skin tingled clear to her scalp.
He looked up just in time to see her lick it, slam it and suck it on a tequila shot and his mouth watered at the sight.
Labels: Contemporary Romance, eBooks, Ellora's Cave Publishing, Erotic Romance, Erotica, Eve Cassidy, good reads, Military Romance, QnD-reviews, reviews, standalone
Nice to meet you!
- 39, married to my real life romance hero, addicted to TV shows, reading romance novels and Twitter. I'm a chronic (e)book hoarder and my absolute favorite genres within romance fiction are contemporary romance and romantic suspense, but I don't shy away from historical, paranormal or erotic romance either. Even the occasional (urban) fantasy romance, futuristic and sci fi romance may make it to my Mount TBR. This is my corner of the world wide web where I let you know what books I'm hoarding, reading and reviewing.
Reviews by Rating
Reviews by Genre
Reviews by Type
Reviews by Publisher
- Samhain Publishing (65)
- Berkley Publishing (56)
- HQN Books (40)
- Kensington Publishing (40)
- Ellora's Cave Publishing (34)
- Pocket Books (29)
- Bantam Dell (25)
- HarperCollins Publishers (24)
- St Martin's Press (24)
- Grand Central Publishing (20)
- Ballantine Books (19)
- Harlequin Books (16)
- Carina Press (15)
- Self-Published (12)
- Dorchester Publishing (11)
- Signet Eclipse (10)
- Turquoise Morning Press (5)
- MIRA Books (4)
- Noble Romance Publishing (4)
- Loose ID Publishing (3)
- HCI Books (2)
- The Wild Rose Press (2)
- Cerridwen Press (1)
- Etopia Press (1)
- Excessica Publishing (1)
- Lachesis Publishing (1)
- Liquid Silver Books (1)
- Red Rose Publishing (1)
- SourceBooks (1)
- Total-E-Bound Publishing (1)
- Vanguard Press (1)
Powered by Blogger.
On My TBR Shelf
- Unforgivable - Laura Griffin
- Snapped - Laura Griffin
- Darkness at Dawn - Elizabeth Jennings
- Sizzle and Burn - Alexis Grant
- No Mercy - Lori Armstrong
- Animal Magnetism - Jill Shalvis
- Crazy for Love - Victoria Dahl
- Kink - Saskia Walker/Sasha White
- So Sensitive - Anne Rainey
- Dark Taste of Rapture - Gena Showalter
- The Darkest Secret - Gena Showalter
- Vampire in Atlantis - Alyssa Day
- Vampire Dragon - Annette Blair
- Captive Spirit - Anna Windsor
- Chosen by Blood - Virna DePaul
- Rebel - Zoe Archer
- Stranger - Zoe Archer
- A Taste of Desire - Beverley Kendall
- Mistress by Midnight - Maggie Robinson
- To Desire a Devil - Elizabeth Hoyt
- To Tame a Dangerous Lord - Nicole Jordan
Digital TBR Next
- Driven - Jayne Rylon (reread)
- Shifting Gears - Jayne Rylon
- Beg Me - Shiloh Walker
- Tempt Me - Shiloh Walker
- Jazz Baby - Lorelie Brown
- Playboy Prankster - Pamela Britton
- Just Like That - Erin Nicholas
- Sweet Inspiration - Penny Watson
- Breathe - Donna Alward
- My Gigolo - Molly Burkhart
- Scent of Persuason - Nikki Duncan
- Review: ECSTASY IN DARKNESS by Gena Showalter
- Apple Trail Week-Guestpost: Up Next in Apple Trail...
- Apple Trail Week-Review: IN THE HAY by Keri Ford
- Apple Trail Week-Vlog: Keri Ford reads from IN THE...
- Apple Trail Week-Review: ON THE FENCE by Keri Ford...
- Apple Trail Week-Guestpost: Keri Ford's favorite s...
- Apple Trail Week-Review: THROUGH THE WALL by Keri ...
- Review: SKIN HEAT by Ava Gray
- Review: INSATIABLE by Cari Quinn
- ARC-review: TABOO by Leslie Dicken
- Review: SWEET AS SIN by Inez Kelley
- Winner-announcement: PROMISES IN THE DARK by Steph...
- QuicknDirty-Review: SOUTHERN COMFORT by Eve Cassid...
- Review: HOW SWEET IT IS by Sophie Gunn
- Review: NEVER HAVE I EVER by Alisha Rai
- Review: NO PLACE TO RUN by Maya Banks
- Review: FALLING, FREESTYLE by Vivian Arend
- ▼ May (17)
- ► 2010 (128)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (127)