February 22, 2011
8:00 AM | Edit Post
A warrior with no emotion …
Doomed by Poseidon millennia ago to live life bereft of feelings, Atlantean warrior Brennan’s curse is shattered when he meets Tiernan--a human with the ancient Gift of Truth Telling. Attraction turns deadly when the woman he could never forget becomes the woman he can never remember. With the fate of Atlantis on the line, will a warrior’s uncontrollable desire destroy the world?
A woman with an eye for the truth…
Tiernan’s job as an investigative reporter is perfectly suited to her unique ability to see through any falsehood. But when she discovers human scientists conducting hideous experiments on humans and shape-shifters alike, only a wildly sexy Atlantean can help protect her from those determined to see her fail—and die. When the future of the world is at stake, can she overcome death itself so together they can protect mankind?
When truth and passion collide…Atlantis is redeemed.
Title: Atlantis Redeemed
Author: Alyssa Day
Series: Warriors of Poseidon, book 5
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Berkeley Sensation
Year of release: 2010, March 2
Format: Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Source: Bought via The Book Depository
First line: Brennan fell against the stone wall of the tavern, his wild laughter tinged with madness
I’m absolutely sure there were some memorable scenes but unfortunately I didn’t mark them/write them down and as I read this book about 5 months ago I can’t remember any, which totally makes me annoyed at myself.
Brennan wooed me with his gentlemanly ways. He's protective and courteous with a deep fierce and passionate side to him. Don't let the gentlemanly ways trick you into thinking he's anything less than a strong, fearless warrior who goes into berserker mode when his woman is in danger. I loved that right at the beginning (in the prologue) it is explained why Brennan was stripped of his emotions and yet there were plenty of questions left to find answers to throughout the book.
Tiernan Butler is an investigative reporter and a walking lie detector, she has the Gift to tell lies from truth just from hearing them. She's a Truth Teller. Tiernan is headstrong, courageous and tenacious.
Brennan caught my eye from the first moment I read about him in ATLANTIS RISING yet I was hesitant to read his story because in many of my favorite ongoing series the secondary characters that enthralled me in previous books don't do so well in their own books and disappointed me being the main character instead of secondary. But Brennan certainly did do well, oh how he did well. He exceeded my already high expectations and didn't disappoint. And Tiernan, his heroine fits right in the line of great heroines the Warriors of Poseidon series has to offer.
One thing Alyssa Day never fails at, is keeping the ongoing plot-arc going full force and very clear and understandable yet without rehashing big parts of it. Every one of the books in this series could be read as stand alones, though order-obsessed as I am I do feel the overall enjoyment is greater when the books are read in order, but as a loyal reader I am thrilled to see little to none repetitiveness and I can't praise Ms. Day enough for it.
Another thing that reels me in every time with Alyssa Day’s books, no matter if I immediately click with the characters or not, is the humor infused in every installment. It pleases me every single book again and I know that no matter what else I may think of the books, the humor is always there to put a smile on my face.
At page 205 I was still waiting for an appearance by Anubisa, my hate-her-but-love-the-zing-she-adds-to-the-plot villainess and even though no Anubisa I was very satisfied with the overall plot arc. It tied neatly with the earlier books in the series and moved forward through some intriguing developments. I am so ready for the next book.
With ATLANTIS REDEEMED another layer has been added to the overall plot arc, just when I thought Alyssa Day couldn't surprise me any more she did and I loved it. She had me laughing one page, crying on the next, looking for a something to cool me down with one moment and entranced in the evil plot the next moment. This book gave me everything I was looking for in this series.
She wanted to protect him. She was defending him.
His heart so long unused fell out of his body and shattered into tiny pieces at her feet. He wanted to weep. He wanted to shout out his joy and triumph to the universe. He did neither, but simply moved to stand at her side, where he hoped to spend the rest of eternity.
She threw up her arms and started walking again. “Great. I needed stealth for undercover work and I get Rambo with a definite need for a time-out chair.”
Tiernan couldn’t believe she’d done it. Thrown her shirt and her caution aside; probably her common sense, too. But relief and passion and something far stronger than both pushed her toward this. Toward him.
He tried to be a gentleman about it, she could tell, but it was hard for him since he was staring at her breasts like heaven had opened up and dumped a load of angel dust in his lap.
She grinned at him. “Men. You’re all the same. Human or Atlantean, you’re all helpless in the face of naked boobs.”
Brennan found that he was cursing; a steady, virulent stream of ancient Atlantean that should have singed the flesh of a man’s bones. He switched to English. “Touch her and die. I will hunt you down, peel the skin from your body, and eat the beating heart from your chest if you touch so much as one hair on her head.”
Labels: Alyssa Day, awesome reads, Berkley Publishing, Paranormal Romance, reviews, Warriors of Poseidon Series
Nice to meet you!
- 39, married to my real life romance hero, addicted to TV shows, reading romance novels and Twitter. I'm a chronic (e)book hoarder and my absolute favorite genres within romance fiction are contemporary romance and romantic suspense, but I don't shy away from historical, paranormal or erotic romance either. Even the occasional (urban) fantasy romance, futuristic and sci fi romance may make it to my Mount TBR. This is my corner of the world wide web where I let you know what books I'm hoarding, reading and reviewing.
Reviews by Rating
Reviews by Genre
Reviews by Type
Reviews by Publisher
- Samhain Publishing (65)
- Berkley Publishing (56)
- HQN Books (40)
- Kensington Publishing (40)
- Ellora's Cave Publishing (34)
- Pocket Books (29)
- Bantam Dell (25)
- HarperCollins Publishers (24)
- St Martin's Press (24)
- Grand Central Publishing (20)
- Ballantine Books (19)
- Harlequin Books (16)
- Carina Press (15)
- Self-Published (12)
- Dorchester Publishing (11)
- Signet Eclipse (10)
- Turquoise Morning Press (5)
- MIRA Books (4)
- Noble Romance Publishing (4)
- Loose ID Publishing (3)
- HCI Books (2)
- The Wild Rose Press (2)
- Cerridwen Press (1)
- Etopia Press (1)
- Excessica Publishing (1)
- Lachesis Publishing (1)
- Liquid Silver Books (1)
- Red Rose Publishing (1)
- SourceBooks (1)
- Total-E-Bound Publishing (1)
- Vanguard Press (1)
Powered by Blogger.
On My TBR Shelf
- Unforgivable - Laura Griffin
- Snapped - Laura Griffin
- Darkness at Dawn - Elizabeth Jennings
- Sizzle and Burn - Alexis Grant
- No Mercy - Lori Armstrong
- Animal Magnetism - Jill Shalvis
- Crazy for Love - Victoria Dahl
- Kink - Saskia Walker/Sasha White
- So Sensitive - Anne Rainey
- Dark Taste of Rapture - Gena Showalter
- The Darkest Secret - Gena Showalter
- Vampire in Atlantis - Alyssa Day
- Vampire Dragon - Annette Blair
- Captive Spirit - Anna Windsor
- Chosen by Blood - Virna DePaul
- Rebel - Zoe Archer
- Stranger - Zoe Archer
- A Taste of Desire - Beverley Kendall
- Mistress by Midnight - Maggie Robinson
- To Desire a Devil - Elizabeth Hoyt
- To Tame a Dangerous Lord - Nicole Jordan
Digital TBR Next
- Driven - Jayne Rylon (reread)
- Shifting Gears - Jayne Rylon
- Beg Me - Shiloh Walker
- Tempt Me - Shiloh Walker
- Jazz Baby - Lorelie Brown
- Playboy Prankster - Pamela Britton
- Just Like That - Erin Nicholas
- Sweet Inspiration - Penny Watson
- Breathe - Donna Alward
- My Gigolo - Molly Burkhart
- Scent of Persuason - Nikki Duncan
- Review: ATLANTIS REDEEMED by Alyssa Day
- Review: SURRENDER OF A LADY by Tiffany Clare
- QuicknDirty-Review: CONSENT TO THE COWBOY by Abby ...
- QuicknDirty-Review: THE MORNING AFTER by J.K. Coi
- QuicknDirty-Review: DOING LOGAN by Rhian Cahill
- QuicknDirty-Review: ONE NIGHT IN BANGKOK by Rhian ...
- Review: SINGAPORE FLING by Rhian Cahill
- Review: ANY GIVEN SUNDAY by Mari Carr
- QuicknDirty-Review: REVEAL ME by Cari Quinn
- Announcement: New Year, New Look
- Announcement: Winner of Cari Quinn's REVEAL ME
- ▼ February (11)
- ► 2010 (128)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (127)