February 11, 2011
8:00 AM | Edit Post
Logan has been in love with Meredith for as long as he can remember. Seeing her with another had been its own brand of torture, but now that she’s free, nothing can stop him from claiming what is rightfully his.
The magnetism of Logan has never been lost on Meredith, but crossing the line between friend and lover scares her, even after dumping her slimeball ex. When Logan kisses her, an attraction like she’s never known ignites, sweeping her into an affair she can’t walk away from.
As Logan fights to win her heart, Meredith wages a battle of her own. Is she willing to admit her interest stretches way beyond merely doing Logan?
Title: Doing Logan
Author: Rhian Cahill
Series: Stand Alone
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Erotic Romance
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave Publishing
Year of release: 2010, November 4
Source: Bought via Jasmine Jade Enterprises
Logan Foster was a man of action.
- from the moment Logan and Meredith are in the car via against-the-wall-by-the-door making out to the panties-ripping in the bedroom > *fans self*
It's an Ellora's Cave Quickie so the blurb about covers it as far as a summary goes.
I guess I was too engrossed in the hot stuff to notice any personality traits in the main characters, because where I normally make annotations about hero and heroine while reading a book, this time I have nothing written down…nothing. Well, draw your own conclusions from that *wink*
DOING LOGAN is a short and sweaty hot friends-to-lovers erotic romance novella.
Engaging writing that hooks you from start to finish. And Rhian Cahill writes the sexy like no one else can. Hot, enticing, sensual and intense. Her writing is clear, very explicit and calling things by their name but never turning vulgar or crude. Rhian Cahill's sex scenes are awesome! They leave nothing to the imagination and still stay on the right side of explicitness.
- the sex scenes. Rhian Cahill has an uncanny talent for writing fabulously intense smexing
- due to the shortness of the story there's no real getting to know Logan and Meredith other than how they behave in the early stages of taking their friendship to being in a relationship.
- beating a dead dog here but: this novella is just too damn short, I wanted more Logan and Meredith.
Oh sweet Lord, no matter what subject or trope Rhian Cahill tackles, it's always a deliciously HOT read and DOING LOGAN is no exception. From start to finish this short read is sizzling enough to burn the pages.
Ms. Cahill, you have got yourself a fan for life, where your erotic contemporary work is concerned, I thank you for writing such amazing and hot stories that take me away for a couple of hours and make me forget my troubles.
I want more of it so publishers please don’t make me wait too long for her next erotic contemporary, okay?
LET ME SAY UPFRONT THAT I COULD'VE QUOTED THIS ENTIRE BOOK, IT HAD SO MANY SNIPPETS WORTHY OF MENTIONING so enjoy the “handful” I’ve included below…
If he wanted something, he went after it. Simple. Except for one thing. Meredith Wainright . Where she was concerned, his courage disappeared completely. For over twenty years she’d had him tied in knots and unable to be his usual assertive self. He’d be putty in her hands if she ever decided to touch him.
Meredith couldn’t believe they talked about the weather. She was trying to get up the courage to ask Logan inside for coffee and all that came out was “nice weather we’ve been having”. If it wouldn’t make her look more of a twit she’d slap herself upside the head.
The closer they got to her house the more tense she became. It didn’t help that the man oozed sex. From the way he moved to the way he smelled, Logan Foster projected dark forbidden pleasure.
There was no time to wonder what Logan was apologizing for. Her back hit the wall and his mouth slanted over hers. This kiss was nothing like the one in the car. Hot lashes of his tongue had her opening to him. He swept inside, touching, tasting, devouring. Wet velvet ribbons unfurled inside her and rolled out until every inch of her melted against his hard body. With lips, tongue and teeth he ate at her. Consumed her in a fiery lip-lock that incinerated all memory of previous kisses.
“The bare little-girl look does nothing for me but a well-groomed woman makes me hotter than hell."
She was gorgeous. Lush curves painted pink from exertion and satisfaction, she glowed and Logan had the sudden urge to lick every inch of her. From head to toe he wanted to feast on all that female flesh.
Razor-sharp need cut and sliced at senses already teased to their limits. With the slide of his fingers, Logan shoved her over the edge of sanity. Wanton desire ripped through her, the force shook her limbs and made her heart race at alarming speed.
The woman could tempt a saint and watching her eat was better than watching porn. She savored every mouthful, the look of bliss on her face one he recognized well. Their whole meal had been foreplay.
The way she sucked the food from her fork to the way she licked her lips between bites had his heart pounding and blood racing. He’d shifted so many times in his seat it was a wonder he hadn’t worn a hole in it.
Their mouths were a breath apart but he didn’t touch her. If they kissed now he’d lose it completely and take what his body screamed was his.
Labels: Contemporary Romance, double reviews, Ellora's Cave Publishing, Erotic Romance, great reads, QnD-reviews, Rhian Cahill, standalone
Nice to meet you!
- 39, married to my real life romance hero, addicted to TV shows, reading romance novels and Twitter. I'm a chronic (e)book hoarder and my absolute favorite genres within romance fiction are contemporary romance and romantic suspense, but I don't shy away from historical, paranormal or erotic romance either. Even the occasional (urban) fantasy romance, futuristic and sci fi romance may make it to my Mount TBR. This is my corner of the world wide web where I let you know what books I'm hoarding, reading and reviewing.
Reviews by Rating
Reviews by Genre
Reviews by Type
Reviews by Publisher
- Samhain Publishing (65)
- Berkley Publishing (56)
- HQN Books (40)
- Kensington Publishing (40)
- Ellora's Cave Publishing (34)
- Pocket Books (29)
- Bantam Dell (25)
- HarperCollins Publishers (24)
- St Martin's Press (24)
- Grand Central Publishing (20)
- Ballantine Books (19)
- Harlequin Books (16)
- Carina Press (15)
- Self-Published (12)
- Dorchester Publishing (11)
- Signet Eclipse (10)
- Turquoise Morning Press (5)
- MIRA Books (4)
- Noble Romance Publishing (4)
- Loose ID Publishing (3)
- HCI Books (2)
- The Wild Rose Press (2)
- Cerridwen Press (1)
- Etopia Press (1)
- Excessica Publishing (1)
- Lachesis Publishing (1)
- Liquid Silver Books (1)
- Red Rose Publishing (1)
- SourceBooks (1)
- Total-E-Bound Publishing (1)
- Vanguard Press (1)
Powered by Blogger.
On My TBR Shelf
- Unforgivable - Laura Griffin
- Snapped - Laura Griffin
- Darkness at Dawn - Elizabeth Jennings
- Sizzle and Burn - Alexis Grant
- No Mercy - Lori Armstrong
- Animal Magnetism - Jill Shalvis
- Crazy for Love - Victoria Dahl
- Kink - Saskia Walker/Sasha White
- So Sensitive - Anne Rainey
- Dark Taste of Rapture - Gena Showalter
- The Darkest Secret - Gena Showalter
- Vampire in Atlantis - Alyssa Day
- Vampire Dragon - Annette Blair
- Captive Spirit - Anna Windsor
- Chosen by Blood - Virna DePaul
- Rebel - Zoe Archer
- Stranger - Zoe Archer
- A Taste of Desire - Beverley Kendall
- Mistress by Midnight - Maggie Robinson
- To Desire a Devil - Elizabeth Hoyt
- To Tame a Dangerous Lord - Nicole Jordan
Digital TBR Next
- Driven - Jayne Rylon (reread)
- Shifting Gears - Jayne Rylon
- Beg Me - Shiloh Walker
- Tempt Me - Shiloh Walker
- Jazz Baby - Lorelie Brown
- Playboy Prankster - Pamela Britton
- Just Like That - Erin Nicholas
- Sweet Inspiration - Penny Watson
- Breathe - Donna Alward
- My Gigolo - Molly Burkhart
- Scent of Persuason - Nikki Duncan
- Review: ATLANTIS REDEEMED by Alyssa Day
- Review: SURRENDER OF A LADY by Tiffany Clare
- QuicknDirty-Review: CONSENT TO THE COWBOY by Abby ...
- QuicknDirty-Review: THE MORNING AFTER by J.K. Coi
- QuicknDirty-Review: DOING LOGAN by Rhian Cahill
- QuicknDirty-Review: ONE NIGHT IN BANGKOK by Rhian ...
- Review: SINGAPORE FLING by Rhian Cahill
- Review: ANY GIVEN SUNDAY by Mari Carr
- QuicknDirty-Review: REVEAL ME by Cari Quinn
- Announcement: New Year, New Look
- Announcement: Winner of Cari Quinn's REVEAL ME
- ▼ February (11)
- ► 2010 (128)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (127)