February 9, 2011
8:00 AM | Edit Post
One night in Bangkok is all it takes to turn Beth Martin's future plans upside down. After being betrayed by her fiancé the last thing she needs is another man screwing up her life.
But Tom is different. He makes her feel sensations long forgotten, makes her want in ways best left unspoken. Can she live out her wildest fantasies in one decadent night? And when it's over, can she walk away, or will what she doesn't want prove to be what she needs?
Title: ONE NIGHT IN BANGKOK
Author: Rhian Cahill
Series: Passport to Passion Collection
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Erotic Romance
Publisher: Noble Romance Publishing
Year of release: 2009, May? ---I know I talked with the author on Twitter about the release date but can't remember and didn't write it down anywhere for some obscure reason, or I did and can't find it anymore *headdesk*---
Format: eBook, 28 pages
Source: Gracefully offered to me by author when I wasn’t able to buy it from publisher
Sweat oozed from every pore, pooled and then dripped between Beth's breasts, the slide of moisture a warm caress, like a lover's tongue.
- Dinner scene > foreplay from start to finish, HOT!
His name is Tom and that’s all I can tell you without spoiling the story.
Beth Martin. A capable and professional woman who has a passionate side to her that’s waiting to be sparked by the right man. She’s decided she won't be dictated by others any longer and wants to take life head-on and on her terms. That’s exactly what she does on her last night in Bangkok.
A one night stand in Bangkok leads to a HEA with a nice twist at the end
Rhian Cahill's writing is simply mesmerizing. The way she describes sexual chemistry and arousal is amazing. It's so vivid and sensual I can actually feel the zing and sparks coming of the pages. She's one of the very few authors whose descriptions I love to read as they are anything but page fillers and they almost form a character of their own in the books I've read by her.
- writing, sex scenes and premise
- minor one: missed Tom's POV though at the end I understood why the story was told almost exclusively from Beth's POV.
Rhian Cahill did it again. She seduced me with another incredibly hot and well-written novella that just sizzled of the pages. I can't wait to read her next erotic contemporary book! Bear in mind that I am being this enthusiastic about a 28-page story…Me! The reader who always complains about novellas being too short but in this case it was so deliciously written I can’t even fathom complaining about length.
Lost in the thrill of what he was doing to her hand—and in a domino effect,
her entire body—Beth feared she would agree to anything he suggested as
long as he didn’t stop.
“Have dinner with me.” He spoke against her skin and his breath puffed over the moisture left by his tongue. It cooled and heated at the same time as sparks of fire shot through her hand and up her arm leaving a trail of tingling starbursts in their wake.
“Dinner?” She moved out of the way to let the server pass and Tom closed the distance between them, crowding her against the wall.
“Yes, dinner,” he whispered into her ear.
“But I thought—”
“What? That I would strip you naked and take you against this wall the minute you walked in?” His warm, moist breath sent shockwaves of lust down her neck. He bit her earlobe lightly. “Make no mistake, Beth, I will have you. But I’m a civilized man. I invited you to dinner and I will feed you dinner.”
A whimper of anguish slipped past her lips before she could stop it. Want and desire laced every note, conveying her arousal, her need, her desperation to have him touch her.
Labels: Contemporary Romance, eBooks, Erotic Romance, great reads, Noble Romance Publishing, Passport to Passion Collection Series, QnD-reviews, reviews, Rhian Cahill
Nice to meet you!
- 39, married to my real life romance hero, addicted to TV shows, reading romance novels and Twitter. I'm a chronic (e)book hoarder and my absolute favorite genres within romance fiction are contemporary romance and romantic suspense, but I don't shy away from historical, paranormal or erotic romance either. Even the occasional (urban) fantasy romance, futuristic and sci fi romance may make it to my Mount TBR. This is my corner of the world wide web where I let you know what books I'm hoarding, reading and reviewing.
Reviews by Rating
Reviews by Genre
Reviews by Type
Reviews by Publisher
- Samhain Publishing (65)
- Berkley Publishing (56)
- HQN Books (40)
- Kensington Publishing (40)
- Ellora's Cave Publishing (34)
- Pocket Books (29)
- Bantam Dell (25)
- HarperCollins Publishers (24)
- St Martin's Press (24)
- Grand Central Publishing (20)
- Ballantine Books (19)
- Harlequin Books (16)
- Carina Press (15)
- Self-Published (12)
- Dorchester Publishing (11)
- Signet Eclipse (10)
- Turquoise Morning Press (5)
- MIRA Books (4)
- Noble Romance Publishing (4)
- Loose ID Publishing (3)
- HCI Books (2)
- The Wild Rose Press (2)
- Cerridwen Press (1)
- Etopia Press (1)
- Excessica Publishing (1)
- Lachesis Publishing (1)
- Liquid Silver Books (1)
- Red Rose Publishing (1)
- SourceBooks (1)
- Total-E-Bound Publishing (1)
- Vanguard Press (1)
Powered by Blogger.
On My TBR Shelf
- Unforgivable - Laura Griffin
- Snapped - Laura Griffin
- Darkness at Dawn - Elizabeth Jennings
- Sizzle and Burn - Alexis Grant
- No Mercy - Lori Armstrong
- Animal Magnetism - Jill Shalvis
- Crazy for Love - Victoria Dahl
- Kink - Saskia Walker/Sasha White
- So Sensitive - Anne Rainey
- Dark Taste of Rapture - Gena Showalter
- The Darkest Secret - Gena Showalter
- Vampire in Atlantis - Alyssa Day
- Vampire Dragon - Annette Blair
- Captive Spirit - Anna Windsor
- Chosen by Blood - Virna DePaul
- Rebel - Zoe Archer
- Stranger - Zoe Archer
- A Taste of Desire - Beverley Kendall
- Mistress by Midnight - Maggie Robinson
- To Desire a Devil - Elizabeth Hoyt
- To Tame a Dangerous Lord - Nicole Jordan
Digital TBR Next
- Driven - Jayne Rylon (reread)
- Shifting Gears - Jayne Rylon
- Beg Me - Shiloh Walker
- Tempt Me - Shiloh Walker
- Jazz Baby - Lorelie Brown
- Playboy Prankster - Pamela Britton
- Just Like That - Erin Nicholas
- Sweet Inspiration - Penny Watson
- Breathe - Donna Alward
- My Gigolo - Molly Burkhart
- Scent of Persuason - Nikki Duncan
- Review: ATLANTIS REDEEMED by Alyssa Day
- Review: SURRENDER OF A LADY by Tiffany Clare
- QuicknDirty-Review: CONSENT TO THE COWBOY by Abby ...
- QuicknDirty-Review: THE MORNING AFTER by J.K. Coi
- QuicknDirty-Review: DOING LOGAN by Rhian Cahill
- QuicknDirty-Review: ONE NIGHT IN BANGKOK by Rhian ...
- Review: SINGAPORE FLING by Rhian Cahill
- Review: ANY GIVEN SUNDAY by Mari Carr
- QuicknDirty-Review: REVEAL ME by Cari Quinn
- Announcement: New Year, New Look
- Announcement: Winner of Cari Quinn's REVEAL ME
- ▼ February (11)
- ► 2010 (128)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (127)