March 17, 2010
6:09 PM | Edit Post
Talk about getting your signals crossed…
Robyn Maxwell doesn’t care that her brother has to cancel out on WolfSigns300their backcountry ski trip. She can do it alone. The fact she’s deaf doesn’t make her survival skills any weaker. The chance to get away from it all and relax in the Yukon wilderness is just what she’s been craving.
Meeting wilderness guide Keil at the cabin starts cravings of another kind. Keil’s one hot hunk of ripped, tasty male. Now she has to deal with raging hormones as well as strange questions about wolves and mates and challenges to the death.
Keil was trying for a nice reflective retreat before challenging for the Alpha position of his Alaskan pack. He wasn’t planning on meeting the woman destined to be his mate, or finding out she’s not aware she has the genes of a wolf.
Between dealing with his accident-prone younger brother, a deaf mate with an attitude and an impending duel to the death, his week—and his bed—is suddenly full.
Far from the relaxing getaway any of them had in mind…
Warning: Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase ‘talking with your hands.’ Includes dangerous use of sarcasm and hot nookie in a remote wilderness sauna.
Title: Wolf Signs
Author: Vivian Arend
Series: Granite Lake Wolves, book 1
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Year of release: 2009
First line: 6450 calories stared up at Robyn.
Ingredients: a deaf dormant werewolf heroine with a great personality, a sexy werewolf hero who knows how to use his hands with a challenge for Alpha leadership awaiting him and a clumsy werewolf who is just too cute.
Hero: Keil Lynus, compassionate, fierce, serious,
Heroine: Robyn Maxwell, dormant werewolf, deaf, independent, feisty
Plot: When her brother Tad can't accompany her on their usual trip in the mountains, Robin decides to go alone and it turns out to be a trip that will change her life forever, when she meets two strangers who turn out to be werewolves and one of them is her lifemate.
Writing: Vivian Arend has an agreeable, crisp, down-to-earth writing style that makes it easy to quickly get enthralled by her writing, no matter what the genre is. She combines sweet, hot chemistry with humor and pace into a fun fast-paced read.
- TJ, he was so funny and clumsy in a cute way. Loved the humorous tone he brought to the story.
- The sweetness of Keil and Robyn's first kiss. The attraction between them is spine-tingling.
- That lovescene in the shower? Scorching would be an understatement. My advice is to have something handy to cool down with when reading that one
- Robyn's very easy acceptance of everything. Being a werewolf, being mated to Keil, the challenge for pack leadership, the mindspeak. I expected a little more hesitation
Verdict: A wonderful read that got me hot and bothered AND put a smile on my face. Vivian Arend is quickly on her way to my auto-buy list, regardless of what genre she writes in.
Labels: Granite Lake Wolves series, great reads, Paranormal Romance, reviews, Samhain Publishing, Vivian Arend
Nice to meet you!
- 39, married to my real life romance hero, addicted to TV shows, reading romance novels and Twitter. I'm a chronic (e)book hoarder and my absolute favorite genres within romance fiction are contemporary romance and romantic suspense, but I don't shy away from historical, paranormal or erotic romance either. Even the occasional (urban) fantasy romance, futuristic and sci fi romance may make it to my Mount TBR. This is my corner of the world wide web where I let you know what books I'm hoarding, reading and reviewing.
Reviews by Rating
Reviews by Genre
Reviews by Type
Reviews by Publisher
- Samhain Publishing (65)
- Berkley Publishing (56)
- HQN Books (40)
- Kensington Publishing (40)
- Ellora's Cave Publishing (34)
- Pocket Books (29)
- Bantam Dell (25)
- HarperCollins Publishers (24)
- St Martin's Press (24)
- Grand Central Publishing (20)
- Ballantine Books (19)
- Harlequin Books (16)
- Carina Press (15)
- Self-Published (12)
- Dorchester Publishing (11)
- Signet Eclipse (10)
- Turquoise Morning Press (5)
- MIRA Books (4)
- Noble Romance Publishing (4)
- Loose ID Publishing (3)
- HCI Books (2)
- The Wild Rose Press (2)
- Cerridwen Press (1)
- Etopia Press (1)
- Excessica Publishing (1)
- Lachesis Publishing (1)
- Liquid Silver Books (1)
- Red Rose Publishing (1)
- SourceBooks (1)
- Total-E-Bound Publishing (1)
- Vanguard Press (1)
Powered by Blogger.
On My TBR Shelf
- Unforgivable - Laura Griffin
- Snapped - Laura Griffin
- Darkness at Dawn - Elizabeth Jennings
- Sizzle and Burn - Alexis Grant
- No Mercy - Lori Armstrong
- Animal Magnetism - Jill Shalvis
- Crazy for Love - Victoria Dahl
- Kink - Saskia Walker/Sasha White
- So Sensitive - Anne Rainey
- Dark Taste of Rapture - Gena Showalter
- The Darkest Secret - Gena Showalter
- Vampire in Atlantis - Alyssa Day
- Vampire Dragon - Annette Blair
- Captive Spirit - Anna Windsor
- Chosen by Blood - Virna DePaul
- Rebel - Zoe Archer
- Stranger - Zoe Archer
- A Taste of Desire - Beverley Kendall
- Mistress by Midnight - Maggie Robinson
- To Desire a Devil - Elizabeth Hoyt
- To Tame a Dangerous Lord - Nicole Jordan
Digital TBR Next
- Driven - Jayne Rylon (reread)
- Shifting Gears - Jayne Rylon
- Beg Me - Shiloh Walker
- Tempt Me - Shiloh Walker
- Jazz Baby - Lorelie Brown
- Playboy Prankster - Pamela Britton
- Just Like That - Erin Nicholas
- Sweet Inspiration - Penny Watson
- Breathe - Donna Alward
- My Gigolo - Molly Burkhart
- Scent of Persuason - Nikki Duncan
- ► 2011 (163)
- ARC-review: Instant Temptation - Jill Shalvis
- Winners Vivian Arend Guestpost
- Instant Gratification by Jill Shalvis
- Instant Attraction by Jill Shalvis
- Author Vivian Arend talks Paranormal v. Contempora...
- ARC-review: Wolf Games - Vivian Arend
- In My Mailbox (#12)
- A Day in the life of Pearl
- Wolf Flight by Vivian Arend
- Happy Birthday to Bree
- Blood Ties - Lori Armstrong
- International Heat-Global Warming blog tour
- Wolf Signs by Vivian Arend
- Review: Shades of Midnight - Lara Adrian
- Review: Highland Scoundrel - Monica McCarty
- ARC-review: Broken - Shiloh Walker
- Fragile by Shiloh Walker
- ▼ March (17)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (127)