March 30, 2010
11:00 AM | Edit Post
T.J. Wilder is the perfect package of breathtaking adventure and raw sex appeal. Even better, he’s about to reconnect with the one woman he’s never been able to forget…
Get Your Pulse Racing
To Harley, the landscape around Wishful, California, is exhilarating, untamed, and more than a little dangerous. The same could be said for T.J. Wilder, who’s invited himself along on her trek to study a rare coyote. Harley’s career is riding on this trip, and she doesn’t need a stubborn, incredibly sexy
distraction. But T.J. is a professional guide who knows when to stay back and when to provide invaluable expertise–just like he’s done since they were in high school. And Harley, as usual, is torn between throttling him and giving in to the raw attraction that’s been smoldering all these years.
T.J. knows how proud and capable Harley is, but he’s damned sure not letting her put herself at risk when there are illegal hunters in the area. She needs him, with the same soul-stirring urgency that he’s always craved her. And here, in this beautiful place days from civilization, he’ll finally have a chance to prove it–over and over again. . .
TJ Wilder is the eldest Wilder brother. The calm, cool and collected one with all the answers. A tragic loss in his past made him close himself off for emotions to avoid getting hurt by a woman ever again. He is levelheaded, direct, honest, solid and steady.
Harley Stephens is a complex woman, tough on the outside and soft on the inside. She's a part-time car mechanic and research biologist after she put herself through 6 years of night school to get her degree in wildlife biology. A lone responsible one in a family of moochers. She's also at crossroads in her life. Choosing the right path proves to be linked to the sexy TJ Wilder she's had a crush on since her high school years.
Harley has a hard time making ends meet. TJ finds out and offers her a job at Wilder Adventures. A day and night together in the mountain brings some serious smooching, a trip down memory lane, sharing of body heat which only leads to creating some fondling and a lot more body heat, soul searching and serious talks creating a bond between them. They are clearly in love but since both of them aren't very forthcoming with expressing their feelings it takes a while before they can enjoy their HEA.
The scenes in INSTANT ATTRACTION and INSTANT GRATIFICATION where TJ and Harley were both featured already hinted to both the off-the-charts chemistry and the animosity between them. I found out the reason for Harley's animosity pretty soon (chapter 1) and got why she was determined not to fall for TJ again. I couldn't blame her for it but I could also see TJ's side of it.
I loved the brotherly banter and bond between the Wilders. It came back in each one of the books and the scenes with the three brothers together are both hilarious and endearing. The bond they share and the deep love and concern they have for each other shines clearly through their teasing and bickering. Same goes for Harley and her younger sister, Skye. I also liked that all three books in this series are straight up contemporaries, no distracting suspense plot to take away the attention from these fabulous, witty characters, their emotional and sexy stories and Jill Shalvis' wonderful writing
Jill Shalvis writes some of the most beautiful romances, the most wonderful characters and the hottest loves scenes I've had the pleasure of reading. And she made me laugh out loud so many times, I lost count. One thing, Jill: I loved the building of sexual tension with the teasing lovemaking interruptus scenes but it did take a long time TJ and Harley to finally put the raw passion between them into action. This being said, when they finally did I was just as revved up as Harley and TJ were and I thought the pages were going to spontaneously burst into flames. But it needs to be said that I was very sympathetic to TJ's pain and his blue balls...And what's with these Wilder men and making out in closets? Not that I'm complaining because it made for some memorable and hot, very hot, love scenes...
INSTANT TEMPTATION was a great mix of wonderful true to life characters with pasts, strong points, insecurities and troubles, witty dialogues and a sexy romance with a healthy amount of raw and passionate lusting.
Choosing the quotes to include in this review was so hard! I could've quoted almost the entire book. I picked so many moments and phrases that were either touching or funny that cutting them down to the quotes below was pure torture.
He still had one rubbing up and down her back, the other low on her belly, holding her upright, which was ridiculous so she smacked it away, doing her best to ignore the fluttering he’d caused, and the odd need she had to grab him by the shirt, haul him close and have her merry way with him. This was what happened to a woman whose last orgasm had come from a battery-operated device instead of a man, a fact she’d admit, oh never.
At the first touch of his mouth on hers, her bones completely dissolved, and that was it, she was his for the taking. Please take me . . .
Yes, just looking at him turned her from an educated biologist into a drooling imbecile. It wasn’t her fault, he’d been blessed by the gene Gods.
Today’s apron [Annie's] said it all: K*SS MY *SS --would you like to buy a vowel?
9.0 out of 10
Labels: ARC-review, awesome reads, Contemporary Romance, Jill Shalvis, Kensington Publishing, reviews, Wilder Adventures Series
Nice to meet you!
- 39, married to my real life romance hero, addicted to TV shows, reading romance novels and Twitter. I'm a chronic (e)book hoarder and my absolute favorite genres within romance fiction are contemporary romance and romantic suspense, but I don't shy away from historical, paranormal or erotic romance either. Even the occasional (urban) fantasy romance, futuristic and sci fi romance may make it to my Mount TBR. This is my corner of the world wide web where I let you know what books I'm hoarding, reading and reviewing.
Reviews by Rating
Reviews by Genre
Reviews by Type
Reviews by Publisher
- Samhain Publishing (65)
- Berkley Publishing (56)
- HQN Books (40)
- Kensington Publishing (40)
- Ellora's Cave Publishing (34)
- Pocket Books (29)
- Bantam Dell (25)
- HarperCollins Publishers (24)
- St Martin's Press (24)
- Grand Central Publishing (20)
- Ballantine Books (19)
- Harlequin Books (16)
- Carina Press (15)
- Self-Published (12)
- Dorchester Publishing (11)
- Signet Eclipse (10)
- Turquoise Morning Press (5)
- MIRA Books (4)
- Noble Romance Publishing (4)
- Loose ID Publishing (3)
- HCI Books (2)
- The Wild Rose Press (2)
- Cerridwen Press (1)
- Etopia Press (1)
- Excessica Publishing (1)
- Lachesis Publishing (1)
- Liquid Silver Books (1)
- Red Rose Publishing (1)
- SourceBooks (1)
- Total-E-Bound Publishing (1)
- Vanguard Press (1)
Powered by Blogger.
On My TBR Shelf
- Unforgivable - Laura Griffin
- Snapped - Laura Griffin
- Darkness at Dawn - Elizabeth Jennings
- Sizzle and Burn - Alexis Grant
- No Mercy - Lori Armstrong
- Animal Magnetism - Jill Shalvis
- Crazy for Love - Victoria Dahl
- Kink - Saskia Walker/Sasha White
- So Sensitive - Anne Rainey
- Dark Taste of Rapture - Gena Showalter
- The Darkest Secret - Gena Showalter
- Vampire in Atlantis - Alyssa Day
- Vampire Dragon - Annette Blair
- Captive Spirit - Anna Windsor
- Chosen by Blood - Virna DePaul
- Rebel - Zoe Archer
- Stranger - Zoe Archer
- A Taste of Desire - Beverley Kendall
- Mistress by Midnight - Maggie Robinson
- To Desire a Devil - Elizabeth Hoyt
- To Tame a Dangerous Lord - Nicole Jordan
Digital TBR Next
- Driven - Jayne Rylon (reread)
- Shifting Gears - Jayne Rylon
- Beg Me - Shiloh Walker
- Tempt Me - Shiloh Walker
- Jazz Baby - Lorelie Brown
- Playboy Prankster - Pamela Britton
- Just Like That - Erin Nicholas
- Sweet Inspiration - Penny Watson
- Breathe - Donna Alward
- My Gigolo - Molly Burkhart
- Scent of Persuason - Nikki Duncan
- ► 2011 (163)
- ARC-review: Instant Temptation - Jill Shalvis
- Winners Vivian Arend Guestpost
- Instant Gratification by Jill Shalvis
- Instant Attraction by Jill Shalvis
- Author Vivian Arend talks Paranormal v. Contempora...
- ARC-review: Wolf Games - Vivian Arend
- In My Mailbox (#12)
- A Day in the life of Pearl
- Wolf Flight by Vivian Arend
- Happy Birthday to Bree
- Blood Ties - Lori Armstrong
- International Heat-Global Warming blog tour
- Wolf Signs by Vivian Arend
- Review: Shades of Midnight - Lara Adrian
- Review: Highland Scoundrel - Monica McCarty
- ARC-review: Broken - Shiloh Walker
- Fragile by Shiloh Walker
- ▼ March (17)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (127)