March 25, 2010
11:38 PM | Edit Post
In Instant Attraction, Jill Shalvis introduced Cameron, Stone, and T.J.—the sexy, daredevil brothers who run Wilder Adventures. And for Stone Wilder, the thrill of a lifetime is about to arrive in a surprising package. . .
The Doctor Is In Deep
Wishful, California, is 3000 miles from Dr. Emma Sinclair's last job in a New York City ER. It may as well be another galaxy. Here, running her father's clinic for a summer, Emma treats bee stings, stomach flu, and the occasional pet cat. Plus, she has to contend with patients like Stone Wilder: gorgeous, laid-back, and irritating beyond belief. The man laughs at her. A lot. And Emma loathes him. All except that tiny part of her that wants to throw him on her examining table and break every doctor-patient rule in the book. . .
When Stone tries to help Emma learn to loosen up a bit, he pictures white-water rafting or scenic mountain hikes. Not a mind-blowing affair that shakes them both to the core. Emma's sure she has no place in a town like Wishful, but Stone knows different. Emma belongs here—in this town, in his life. And convincing this strong-minded, stubborn, sexy woman of that fact will be a challenge no Wilder man could resist. . .
Title: Instant Gratification
Author: Jill Shalvis
Series: Wilder Adventures, book 2
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Year of release: 2009
First line: Hot and bothered, and not in the good way, Dr. Emma Sinclair switched the sign on her father’s medical clinic from CLOSED to OPEN.
Ingredients/Summary: Emma moves to Wishful to temporarily run her father's small town clinic after he has a mild heart attack and needs to recover. Coming from a swamped New York ER, she has a hard time adjusting to life and work in a small town. She longs to go back to her life in the big city. But little by little Wishful and its people, and especially one big, bad Wilder brother, start to creep into her heart and she wonders how much she really wants to return to her old life.
Hero: Stone Wilder (32), seems laid-back and easygoing. He is the charismatic caretaker and peacemaker of the family, the one who keeps them all together and makes sure they can all realize their dreams at the expense of his own. He likes Emma from day one but gets turned down flat on every attempt to get to know her better. Though he loves running Wilder Adventures and working with his brothers, his heart and passion lie in renovating and restoring old, rundown buildings.
Heroine: Dr. Emma Sinclair (30), professional, tough as nails and blunt. She's stubborn and an all work-no play kinda woman. She sees Stone mainly as a mountain bum and slacker at first but slowly she starts to discover there's much more to him than that.
Writing: Every time I read a Jill Shalvis book I'm amazed and pleased how easily I get through them. They are written in a wonderful, clean, crisp writing style that oozes humor and her characters aren't picture perfect but people with their faults and day to day problems. The way Jill Shalvis builds up the sexual tension between the characters is done with ease and sprinkled with a lot of humor. She makes it a joy to read her books and connect with her characters.
- Again the humor was there right there from the start. Big badass Stone being afraid of needles cracked me up and was just one of the many examples of the humor this book oozed with.
- TJ, who in INSTANT GRATIFICATION really made up for his absence in INSTANT ATTRACTION and is just as yummy as his younger brothers.
- The banter between the characters (the Wilders, Stone and Emma).
- The secondary romance between Serena (Cam’s ex-girlfriend) and Spencer (Emma’s co-worker and best friend)
- Aunt Annie's antics. She is one of the characters I like the most in this series.
- Couldn't find anything that didn't like or that bothered me in this book.
Verdict: After the wonderful read that was INSTANT ATTRACTION with it's tiny preview of the chemistry between Stone and Emma I couldn't but dive straight into their story: INSTANT GRATIFICATION and I was not disappointed, from the first paragraph I was thrown back into the delicious world of the Wilder brothers and the people who surround them. And again Jill Shalvis treated me to a great read with hot men, witty, independent women, genuine emotions and spine-tingling love scenes.
Rating: 9.0 out of 10:
Labels: awesome reads, Contemporary Romance, Jill Shalvis, Kensington Publishing, reviews, Wilder Adventures Series
Nice to meet you!
- 39, married to my real life romance hero, addicted to TV shows, reading romance novels and Twitter. I'm a chronic (e)book hoarder and my absolute favorite genres within romance fiction are contemporary romance and romantic suspense, but I don't shy away from historical, paranormal or erotic romance either. Even the occasional (urban) fantasy romance, futuristic and sci fi romance may make it to my Mount TBR. This is my corner of the world wide web where I let you know what books I'm hoarding, reading and reviewing.
Reviews by Rating
Reviews by Genre
Reviews by Type
Reviews by Publisher
- Samhain Publishing (65)
- Berkley Publishing (56)
- HQN Books (40)
- Kensington Publishing (40)
- Ellora's Cave Publishing (34)
- Pocket Books (29)
- Bantam Dell (25)
- HarperCollins Publishers (24)
- St Martin's Press (24)
- Grand Central Publishing (20)
- Ballantine Books (19)
- Harlequin Books (16)
- Carina Press (15)
- Self-Published (12)
- Dorchester Publishing (11)
- Signet Eclipse (10)
- Turquoise Morning Press (5)
- MIRA Books (4)
- Noble Romance Publishing (4)
- Loose ID Publishing (3)
- HCI Books (2)
- The Wild Rose Press (2)
- Cerridwen Press (1)
- Etopia Press (1)
- Excessica Publishing (1)
- Lachesis Publishing (1)
- Liquid Silver Books (1)
- Red Rose Publishing (1)
- SourceBooks (1)
- Total-E-Bound Publishing (1)
- Vanguard Press (1)
Powered by Blogger.
On My TBR Shelf
- Unforgivable - Laura Griffin
- Snapped - Laura Griffin
- Darkness at Dawn - Elizabeth Jennings
- Sizzle and Burn - Alexis Grant
- No Mercy - Lori Armstrong
- Animal Magnetism - Jill Shalvis
- Crazy for Love - Victoria Dahl
- Kink - Saskia Walker/Sasha White
- So Sensitive - Anne Rainey
- Dark Taste of Rapture - Gena Showalter
- The Darkest Secret - Gena Showalter
- Vampire in Atlantis - Alyssa Day
- Vampire Dragon - Annette Blair
- Captive Spirit - Anna Windsor
- Chosen by Blood - Virna DePaul
- Rebel - Zoe Archer
- Stranger - Zoe Archer
- A Taste of Desire - Beverley Kendall
- Mistress by Midnight - Maggie Robinson
- To Desire a Devil - Elizabeth Hoyt
- To Tame a Dangerous Lord - Nicole Jordan
Digital TBR Next
- Driven - Jayne Rylon (reread)
- Shifting Gears - Jayne Rylon
- Beg Me - Shiloh Walker
- Tempt Me - Shiloh Walker
- Jazz Baby - Lorelie Brown
- Playboy Prankster - Pamela Britton
- Just Like That - Erin Nicholas
- Sweet Inspiration - Penny Watson
- Breathe - Donna Alward
- My Gigolo - Molly Burkhart
- Scent of Persuason - Nikki Duncan
- ► 2011 (163)
- ARC-review: Instant Temptation - Jill Shalvis
- Winners Vivian Arend Guestpost
- Instant Gratification by Jill Shalvis
- Instant Attraction by Jill Shalvis
- Author Vivian Arend talks Paranormal v. Contempora...
- ARC-review: Wolf Games - Vivian Arend
- In My Mailbox (#12)
- A Day in the life of Pearl
- Wolf Flight by Vivian Arend
- Happy Birthday to Bree
- Blood Ties - Lori Armstrong
- International Heat-Global Warming blog tour
- Wolf Signs by Vivian Arend
- Review: Shades of Midnight - Lara Adrian
- Review: Highland Scoundrel - Monica McCarty
- ARC-review: Broken - Shiloh Walker
- Fragile by Shiloh Walker
- ▼ March (17)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (127)