October 6, 2011
8:00 AM | Edit Post
Claire Jones never dreamed the fantasies she’d been having about the young guy next door would ever become reality but after a push from her best friend and one encounter involving dirty laundry she’s getting more reality than one woman should be allowed. But with reality comes emotion and Claire finds herself falling deeper and deeper under Ryan’s spell.
Ryan Doherty wants in Claire’s pants but he soon discovers hot sex isn’t all he’s after. She makes him happy in a way nothing and no one else ever has and if he has to use their amazing chemistry to stay in her life he will. Because having more of Claire isn’t an option. It’s the only choice.
Can Ryan and Claire bridge the age gap to find the love of a life time or will what others think destroy the best thing either of them has ever found?
Title: ALL OF YOU
Author: Rhian Cahill
Series: Only You, book 1
Genre: Erotic Romance, Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Noble Romance Publishing
Year of release: 2011, September 26
Source: Bought via Noble Romance eBookstore
Claire Jones stared at her best friend of almost forty years and wondered when Jane had lost her mind.
- Ryan's self-pleasuring in the bathroom after running into Claire at the parking lot > urgent and hot!
- Claire and Ryan's first night > I needed something to cool me down...
- the scene in Ryan's courtyard after their first dinner together > I swear, like Cari Quin, RC is trying to kill me from spontaneous combustion with scenes like these
Claire Jones is a confident 41 year-old professional business woman who is has this little bit of insecurity luring within her that gives her an air of vulnerability. She’s also an over-thinker who analyzes stuff to death sometimes.
Ryan Doherty is a 29 year-old self-assured builder who owns a construction company with his brother. Ryan is giving, open, and dynamic. He is also very talkative in the bedroom and sexy as heck. Another candidate for my 2011 favorite heroes-list
The romance between Ryan and Claire starts out as an explosive but purely physical attraction and lust and this was noticeable in the first part of the book through the abundance of sex scenes. Ryan and Claire couldn’t keep their hands of each other so that made for a lot of steamy scenes. However gradually the instant lust turned into a more emotional bond and as a reader I followed the gradual transformation of lust to love.
The make-out and sex scenes Rhian Cahill writes are indescribably excellent. They're raw, explicit and in this book they have this urgency to them that gave them that little extra zing I encounter only in a few of my favorite erotic romance authors' writing. And Ryan's dirty talk was the icing on the cake and the cherry on top all rolled into one! But beware, if you don't like body parts bluntly called by their names, this book might not be for you as Rhian Cahill does not embellish, rephrase or use euphemisms. She doesn't mince matters and I love her for it.
ALL FOR YOU is very character and romance-driven. There is no side-plot or other stuff going on other than the development of the relationship between Claire and Ryan. This was also apparent in the few secondary characters the story had. There was Jane, Claire’s best friend and Brett, Ryan’s brother. I really loved the bond and banter between Claire and her best friend Jane and between Ryan and his older brother Brett. Because through those interactions you get to know them much better and it offered a nice neutralizing balance to the scorching urgent heat crackling between Claire and Ryan, adding depth to their characterization.
Oh and a nasty receptionist at the company where Claire works. Can’t remember her name and don’t want to bother looking it up because as I said, she was nasty…but also crucial to the conflict between Ryan and Claire so she deserves a mention, even if it’s a nameless one.
I loved how Rhian Cahill handled Claire's doubts and insecurities about the age difference and having a relationship with Ryan. She made didn't take the easy way out for them and created a believable conflict that was solved in an equally believable way. Other than the first few moments it wasn’t something that Claire kept on about during the story even if it formed the root for the conflict.
It's been a while since I read a Rhian Cahill book and reading ALL OF YOU made me realize how much I missed her awesome writing. She has the uncanny ability to pull me completely into her books with writing that's utterly captivating and explicitly hot with a capital H.
If you like carnal, red-hot erotic romance within the cougar trope with likable a likeable and easy to relate to heroine and a hero who will make you melt into a puddle of heat with his dirty talk, look no further because ALL OF YOU has all that and then some!
The air left her lungs and her words caught in her throat. The glistening flesh of a god-like, bare male chest numbed her mind and turned her body into a quivering vessel of need.
No. She'd kept contact with Ryan to a minimum. Usually because she found it hard to string a sentence together with the way he had her body exploding to life whenever he got close. Oh, who was she kidding? Just thinking about him sent her nerve endings into a frenzied bunch of sex-craving knots.
The woman had him tied in knots. She hardly gave him the time of day, but all she had to do was breathe in his direction and his dick was raring to go, his body pounding with a need that consumed his every thought. It had taken weeks for him to build up the nerve to say hello to her. But after he'd spoken those first words, Ryan started to go out of his way to run into her.
A yearning, raw and fevered, roared through Claire like a flash fire, consuming her—overwhelming her. The moans and whimpers she made were foreign to her ears, and she could only describe them as animalistic.
He was covered in sweat, and his limbs shook like a new baby foul's. Cramps stabbed his thighs, but he wasn't ready to stand yet. Any sudden movement could set off the bomb currently ticking between his legs.
"Better than good. Better than any fantasy I've ever dreamed up. The man knows what he's doing, and isn't afraid to do it." (Claire to Jane about Ryan)
"No worries, Ryan. I know how crabby you get when you aren't getting any."
Brett grinned and ducked as Ryan threw a punch at him. "Still not quick enough to get me, little brother."
[…] "Nah, just didn't want to put the old man in the hospital." Ryan grinned, the old, well-used banter between them settling his agitated nerves.
[…]"You young whippersnapper, you."
Ryan pulled free of Brett's grip and gave him a shove before stooping to pick up his headgear. "Knock it off. You're just jealous I can still pull women while they're all passing you by in favor of us younger more strapping blokes." Ryan puffed his chest out and flexed his arms.
Claire shuddered at his words. The quake vibrated through her until she thought she might collapse in a puddle of want at his feet.
"Oh, Claire I do believe we've found something that really gets you off." He leaned over her, his clothed chest resting along her back. "Want me to tell you what I'm gonna do to you?" He nipped her ear.
"Ryan." His name spilled from her lips on a plea.
He licked the shell of her ear, his breath hot on her skin. "I'm going to play with you, Claire. I'm going to use my fingers, my tongue, teeth, and I'm going to drive you wild until you scream for me."
As she rode the waves of pleasure, Claire couldn't stop the tears leaking from her eyes. It was far too late to end this easily. With one explosive climax, Ryan had shattered her soul and stolen what was left of her heart.
Labels: Contemporary Romance, eBooks, Erotic Romance, great reads, Noble Romance Publishing, Only You Series, reviews, Rhian Cahill
Nice to meet you!
- 39, married to my real life romance hero, addicted to TV shows, reading romance novels and Twitter. I'm a chronic (e)book hoarder and my absolute favorite genres within romance fiction are contemporary romance and romantic suspense, but I don't shy away from historical, paranormal or erotic romance either. Even the occasional (urban) fantasy romance, futuristic and sci fi romance may make it to my Mount TBR. This is my corner of the world wide web where I let you know what books I'm hoarding, reading and reviewing.
Reviews by Rating
Reviews by Genre
Reviews by Type
Reviews by Publisher
- Samhain Publishing (65)
- Berkley Publishing (56)
- HQN Books (40)
- Kensington Publishing (40)
- Ellora's Cave Publishing (34)
- Pocket Books (29)
- Bantam Dell (25)
- HarperCollins Publishers (24)
- St Martin's Press (24)
- Grand Central Publishing (20)
- Ballantine Books (19)
- Harlequin Books (16)
- Carina Press (15)
- Self-Published (12)
- Dorchester Publishing (11)
- Signet Eclipse (10)
- Turquoise Morning Press (5)
- MIRA Books (4)
- Noble Romance Publishing (4)
- Loose ID Publishing (3)
- HCI Books (2)
- The Wild Rose Press (2)
- Cerridwen Press (1)
- Etopia Press (1)
- Excessica Publishing (1)
- Lachesis Publishing (1)
- Liquid Silver Books (1)
- Red Rose Publishing (1)
- SourceBooks (1)
- Total-E-Bound Publishing (1)
- Vanguard Press (1)
Powered by Blogger.
On My TBR Shelf
- Unforgivable - Laura Griffin
- Snapped - Laura Griffin
- Darkness at Dawn - Elizabeth Jennings
- Sizzle and Burn - Alexis Grant
- No Mercy - Lori Armstrong
- Animal Magnetism - Jill Shalvis
- Crazy for Love - Victoria Dahl
- Kink - Saskia Walker/Sasha White
- So Sensitive - Anne Rainey
- Dark Taste of Rapture - Gena Showalter
- The Darkest Secret - Gena Showalter
- Vampire in Atlantis - Alyssa Day
- Vampire Dragon - Annette Blair
- Captive Spirit - Anna Windsor
- Chosen by Blood - Virna DePaul
- Rebel - Zoe Archer
- Stranger - Zoe Archer
- A Taste of Desire - Beverley Kendall
- Mistress by Midnight - Maggie Robinson
- To Desire a Devil - Elizabeth Hoyt
- To Tame a Dangerous Lord - Nicole Jordan
Digital TBR Next
- Driven - Jayne Rylon (reread)
- Shifting Gears - Jayne Rylon
- Beg Me - Shiloh Walker
- Tempt Me - Shiloh Walker
- Jazz Baby - Lorelie Brown
- Playboy Prankster - Pamela Britton
- Just Like That - Erin Nicholas
- Sweet Inspiration - Penny Watson
- Breathe - Donna Alward
- My Gigolo - Molly Burkhart
- Scent of Persuason - Nikki Duncan
- ARC-Review: HEART OF DARKNESS by Lauren Dane
- QuickScore-Review: COVER STORY by Olivia Brynn
- ARC-Review: REAL MEN WILL by Victoria Dahl
- ARC-Review: IF YOU HEAR HER by Shiloh Walker
- QuickScore-Review: LETTING GO by Dee Carney
- Requested Review: DESTINY CALLS by Samantha Waylan...
- ARC-Review: THE HEART OF A KILLER by Jaci Burton
- QuickScore-Review: SATISFYING HER TASTES by Keri F...
- Requested Review: WITH NO REMORSE by Cindy Gerard
- QuickScore-Review: TAKE A CHANCE ON ME by Kate Dav...
- Review: RISK NO SECRETS by Cindy Gerard
- ARC-Review: HOT AS HADES by Alisha Rai
- QuickScore-Review: LEAVE NO TRACE by Cindy Gerard
- QuickScore-Review: A KISS FOR LUCK by Kele Moon
- Review: FEEL THE HEAT by Cindy Gerard
- Review: ALL OF YOU by Rhian Cahill
- Requested Review: QuickScore of DOUBLE STROKES by ...
- ARC-Review: BAD KITTY by Cari Quinn
- ARC-Review: NIGHT MOVES by Stephanie Tyler
- QuickScore-Review: JACK (Red, Hot & Blue #2) by Ca...
- QuickScore-Review: TREY (Red, Hot & Blue #1) by Ca...
- ▼ October (21)
- ► 2010 (128)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (127)