October 4, 2011
8:00 AM | Edit Post
Years of following in the wake of his womanizing brother cause Patrick to wonder if Nikki even knows which twin she slept with. He can't believe she could possibly prefer him over her slick, polished boss. That doesn't mean he's been able to stop fantasizing about taking her again. Against the wall. On the floor. Everywhere.
It's Halloween again, and trick or treat takes on a whole new meaning when Nikki and Patrick go for round two. Especially since Nikki's come prepared with a Domme kitty costume meant to drive Patrick wild. And this kitty's ready to show her claws if she doesn't get what she wants...
Title: BAD KITTY
Author: Cari Quinn
Series: standalone (for now)
Genre: Erotic Romance, Contemporary Romance
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Year of release: 2011, October 7
Source: Received an e-ARC from the author for review
Nikki Carson sucked in a deep breath and swallowed more witches’ brew.
- the first chapter > yowza!
- the scene in Nikki's bedroom after second Halloween party > yowza doesn't even come close!
Nicole 'Nikki' Carson is an assistant at a real estate agency. The former party-girl has decided she has to be more responsible and start looking at life more seriously. She’s candid, patient and tries to be cool-headed. But she’s also scatterbrained and passionate.
Patrick Nolan is a construction worker. He’s the twin brother of Nikki’s boss. Patrick is down-to-earth and laid-back but once in the bedroom he can transform into a decisive, sexy man who knows exactly how to drive a woman crazy with pleasure.
The first chapter definitely set the sizzling hot tone for a romance that made the pages combust with heat. But it was more than that, the way it was set up was once again sublime. And Cari never fails to add emotion to her sexy. Though the length of the novella doesn’t leave much room for in-depth back-stories and characterization, she managed to turn this novella into more than a string of sex scenes tied together with a conflict that needs resolving.
Like another erotic romance I read recently this story is character and romance-driven so there are very few secondary characters and there are no subplots thrown in. I appreciated this a lot because the story of Nikki and Patrick is more than enough to fill the pages. The secondary characters that were in the story were very intriguing though. I loved Patrick as the hero for Nikki but I was definitely intrigued by East(on), Patrick’s twin. He caught my attention the minute he appeared in the book and I hope we get to enjoy his story too! I also adored Julie, Nikki’s best friend and a costume store owner. She’s vivacious and direct and the hints at the end of the story make me want to read more about her and a certain someone (Oh how I love to be cryptic in order to avoid spoilers…)
I seriously can't say anything about Cari Quinn's writing that wouldn't be repetitive if you've read my other reviews of her books so bear with me if you have...She writes steamy scenes like nobody’s business and manages to incorporate emotions in them that lifts them to an even higher level. This is a good thing, but it’s also lethal because I’m sure there will come a day that I will give up the ghost reading one of her stories. The heat is beyond scorching.
Her characterization is just as awesome and she has a knack for pairing up people who at first glance may not be compatible but fit so well together. BAD KITTY was no exception.
BAD KITTY is a sizzling hot character-driven novella delivered through clean-cut and masterful writing. The sex is lustful, carnal and emotional all rolled into one. In short: A satisfying, quick and scorching read and I expected nothing less from Cari Quinn!
Patrick was the living embodiment of naughty. He sweat for a living—he worked on houses while his slick, polished brother sold them—and his swagger served as a convincing argument that he knew how to make a woman sweat when the lights were off, too.
He stroked her ass, caressed her breasts, kissed her neck. Even in this graceless, frenetic situation, he still acted tenderly now and then, as if he couldn’t make up his mind whether he wanted to savor her or devour her whole.
Jules rolled her eyes. “You could try planning ahead for a change, Nik. Flying by the seat of your skirt gets old when you’re pressing thirty and—”
“I’m twenty-eight. And you may not live to thirty if you insinuate otherwise.”
He should’ve made sure she knew it was him at the time. That would’ve been the honorable thing to do. But her little heart-shaped ass twitching in satin hot pants as part of her genie costume had undone any honor he’d had left in him.
He didn’t want everyone to know East wasn’t chaperoning his own shindig, but at least Nikki might hear which brother she was about to bed. Or couch. Or wall.
“Tell me. Tell me what you would do.” His voice roughened and the fingers on her arm tensed, digging in.
“First I would’ve started here.” She tapped her mouth, making him think of all sorts of naughty and delicious things. “Then I would’ve moved down to here,” she trailed her fingertips over her breasts lightly, barely making contact, “before landing here,” her palm coasted over her mound, “and then ending up here.” She smacked her ass softly, making his blood roar in his veins and his erection strain for relief.
“You like caramel apples?” she managed.
“Never tried them. But caramel nipples suit me just fine.”
Pleasure gathered in the pit of her belly and her skin burned from within, but she still wanted to laugh. Wanted to enjoy every minute she had with him.
Nice to meet you!
- 39, married to my real life romance hero, addicted to TV shows, reading romance novels and Twitter. I'm a chronic (e)book hoarder and my absolute favorite genres within romance fiction are contemporary romance and romantic suspense, but I don't shy away from historical, paranormal or erotic romance either. Even the occasional (urban) fantasy romance, futuristic and sci fi romance may make it to my Mount TBR. This is my corner of the world wide web where I let you know what books I'm hoarding, reading and reviewing.
Reviews by Rating
Reviews by Genre
Reviews by Type
Reviews by Publisher
- Samhain Publishing (65)
- Berkley Publishing (56)
- HQN Books (40)
- Kensington Publishing (40)
- Ellora's Cave Publishing (34)
- Pocket Books (29)
- Bantam Dell (25)
- HarperCollins Publishers (24)
- St Martin's Press (24)
- Grand Central Publishing (20)
- Ballantine Books (19)
- Harlequin Books (16)
- Carina Press (15)
- Self-Published (12)
- Dorchester Publishing (11)
- Signet Eclipse (10)
- Turquoise Morning Press (5)
- MIRA Books (4)
- Noble Romance Publishing (4)
- Loose ID Publishing (3)
- HCI Books (2)
- The Wild Rose Press (2)
- Cerridwen Press (1)
- Etopia Press (1)
- Excessica Publishing (1)
- Lachesis Publishing (1)
- Liquid Silver Books (1)
- Red Rose Publishing (1)
- SourceBooks (1)
- Total-E-Bound Publishing (1)
- Vanguard Press (1)
Powered by Blogger.
On My TBR Shelf
- Unforgivable - Laura Griffin
- Snapped - Laura Griffin
- Darkness at Dawn - Elizabeth Jennings
- Sizzle and Burn - Alexis Grant
- No Mercy - Lori Armstrong
- Animal Magnetism - Jill Shalvis
- Crazy for Love - Victoria Dahl
- Kink - Saskia Walker/Sasha White
- So Sensitive - Anne Rainey
- Dark Taste of Rapture - Gena Showalter
- The Darkest Secret - Gena Showalter
- Vampire in Atlantis - Alyssa Day
- Vampire Dragon - Annette Blair
- Captive Spirit - Anna Windsor
- Chosen by Blood - Virna DePaul
- Rebel - Zoe Archer
- Stranger - Zoe Archer
- A Taste of Desire - Beverley Kendall
- Mistress by Midnight - Maggie Robinson
- To Desire a Devil - Elizabeth Hoyt
- To Tame a Dangerous Lord - Nicole Jordan
Digital TBR Next
- Driven - Jayne Rylon (reread)
- Shifting Gears - Jayne Rylon
- Beg Me - Shiloh Walker
- Tempt Me - Shiloh Walker
- Jazz Baby - Lorelie Brown
- Playboy Prankster - Pamela Britton
- Just Like That - Erin Nicholas
- Sweet Inspiration - Penny Watson
- Breathe - Donna Alward
- My Gigolo - Molly Burkhart
- Scent of Persuason - Nikki Duncan
- ARC-Review: HEART OF DARKNESS by Lauren Dane
- QuickScore-Review: COVER STORY by Olivia Brynn
- ARC-Review: REAL MEN WILL by Victoria Dahl
- ARC-Review: IF YOU HEAR HER by Shiloh Walker
- QuickScore-Review: LETTING GO by Dee Carney
- Requested Review: DESTINY CALLS by Samantha Waylan...
- ARC-Review: THE HEART OF A KILLER by Jaci Burton
- QuickScore-Review: SATISFYING HER TASTES by Keri F...
- Requested Review: WITH NO REMORSE by Cindy Gerard
- QuickScore-Review: TAKE A CHANCE ON ME by Kate Dav...
- Review: RISK NO SECRETS by Cindy Gerard
- ARC-Review: HOT AS HADES by Alisha Rai
- QuickScore-Review: LEAVE NO TRACE by Cindy Gerard
- QuickScore-Review: A KISS FOR LUCK by Kele Moon
- Review: FEEL THE HEAT by Cindy Gerard
- Review: ALL OF YOU by Rhian Cahill
- Requested Review: QuickScore of DOUBLE STROKES by ...
- ARC-Review: BAD KITTY by Cari Quinn
- ARC-Review: NIGHT MOVES by Stephanie Tyler
- QuickScore-Review: JACK (Red, Hot & Blue #2) by Ca...
- QuickScore-Review: TREY (Red, Hot & Blue #1) by Ca...
- ▼ October (21)
- ► 2010 (128)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (127)