January 4, 2011
12:05 PM | Edit Post
Sky Mitchell is hiding out in Baltimore, seeking peace and solitude while he struggles with a career decision. Lead singer of popular rock group The Universe, he’s thinking of going it alone. Wandering into an Irish pub, he’s ecstatic to discover the breakout single for his solo album—but the songwriter doesn’t want to sell. He challenges the woman to a contest. Not only does he win the song, but also a songwriting partner to complete the rest of the album.
Teagan Collins is sure of her talent but she’s never aspired to fame and fortune. She’s content singing folk tunes in her family’s pub. Working on an album with Sky tests her patience…and her libido. The hot rocker plays her body like a fine instrument, their desire deepening with each song they write.
But someone doesn’t want Sky to go solo, and will stop at nothing to sabotage the couple’s efforts. Undaunted, Sky wants Teagan to join him onstage at his farewell concert to sing her original, “Maybe Tomorrow”…
If they make it through today.
virgin heroine, very light bondage, light spanking
“Oh. My. God,” Riley murmured behind her.
- Exchanging clothes scene in the storage closet > Laugh-out-loud funny turned to sizzling hot in a second
Teagan Collins is the second daughter of the Collins family. She’s a Folk music singer/songwriter. Teagan is a little gypsy-esque and laid-back. But she’s also socially involved, compassionate and kind. She’s happy singing her songs for the customers of her family’s bar and restaurant and has no ambition to become famous.
Sky Mitchell/Mitch Adams couldn’t be more on the opposite scope of the musical world from Teagan. He’s a famous rock star, lead singer of rock group 'The Universe'. He’s a real charmer and tenacious as a dog with a bone. He’s also on the verge of going solo and working on his debut solo album.
Teagan and Sky don't get off on a good start when within minutes of their first conversation Sky insults Teagan's attitude towards her songwriting and Teagan insults Sky's music. This was the start of a lovely and intricate romance story.
RUBY TUESDAY is the second installment of the Wild Irish series and just as wonderful as the first. From the start I was pulled back into the fold of the Collins family and enticed by Mari Carr's smooth and humorous writing.
I loved seeing the main couple fall in love and knowing they were falling before they realized it themselves. And I also liked that Sky was the first to realize, however Teagan is the first to express her feelings. The progress from casual, sexy no-sex games to finally going all the way was one of the strong points of this installment.
There’s also a little bit of suspense embedded in the romance as someone is trying to sabotage Sky's attempt to go solo. Though it was a little predictable I really enjoyed the way it was written in the story, well balanced and subtle. And there was a little twist in the end that I didn't predict.
The secondary cast was made of the Collins siblings of course, but there were also a few new characters that were introduced. I’m pretty sure this wasn’t the last I’ve seen of these characters and look forward to getting to know them better in future installments of the series.
RUBY TUESDAY is about taking chances and leaving the known behind. Though it wasn't as heavy on the erotic side as the first book, I didn't mind this at all as I enjoyed Teagan and Sky's sweet love story. I think the little change of pace keeps the books unique, refreshing and lets them stand on their own and not look like carbon copies with different character names.
She reached up and grabbed his ear, twisting so hard tears sprung to his eyes.
“I’m only going to say this to you one time, rock star, so listen up. The only music you and I will be making is going to be on the page. If you don’t knock off the sexual innuendoes, you won’t have to worry about Ewan smothering you in your sleep because that’s something you’ll beg for after I cut off that protruding part of your body you call a brain. Got it?”
“Don’t look so scared, gypsy. I’m not the Big Bad Wolf and I’ll only bite when you beg me to.”
Sky stared at her, like the lost fool he was, his words failing him for the first time in his life. She’d done it, captured his heart, beaten down every crumbling structure he’d tried to erect against her.
“My real name. It’s Mitch Adams.” He wasn’t sure why he was offering her such a stupid fact at that moment, but all he could think was that he wanted her to know the real him. The normal man who wanted to live a normal life and love her until the day he died.
Mari Carr has graciously offered a chance to win copies of the Wild Irish books and the giveaway is simple and easy:
One commenter will be drawn from the commenters on each review (so daily from Monday January 3rd until Sunday January 9th) to win the book reviewed. The seven winners will be announced here on the blog Monday January 10th)
Labels: Contemporary Romance, eBooks, Ellora's Cave Publishing, Erotic Romance, good reads, Mari Carr, pwor-events, reviews, Wild Irish Series, Wild Irish Week
Nice to meet you!
- 39, married to my real life romance hero, addicted to TV shows, reading romance novels and Twitter. I'm a chronic (e)book hoarder and my absolute favorite genres within romance fiction are contemporary romance and romantic suspense, but I don't shy away from historical, paranormal or erotic romance either. Even the occasional (urban) fantasy romance, futuristic and sci fi romance may make it to my Mount TBR. This is my corner of the world wide web where I let you know what books I'm hoarding, reading and reviewing.
Reviews by Rating
Reviews by Genre
Reviews by Type
Reviews by Publisher
- Samhain Publishing (65)
- Berkley Publishing (56)
- HQN Books (40)
- Kensington Publishing (40)
- Ellora's Cave Publishing (34)
- Pocket Books (29)
- Bantam Dell (25)
- HarperCollins Publishers (24)
- St Martin's Press (24)
- Grand Central Publishing (20)
- Ballantine Books (19)
- Harlequin Books (16)
- Carina Press (15)
- Self-Published (12)
- Dorchester Publishing (11)
- Signet Eclipse (10)
- Turquoise Morning Press (5)
- MIRA Books (4)
- Noble Romance Publishing (4)
- Loose ID Publishing (3)
- HCI Books (2)
- The Wild Rose Press (2)
- Cerridwen Press (1)
- Etopia Press (1)
- Excessica Publishing (1)
- Lachesis Publishing (1)
- Liquid Silver Books (1)
- Red Rose Publishing (1)
- SourceBooks (1)
- Total-E-Bound Publishing (1)
- Vanguard Press (1)
Powered by Blogger.
On My TBR Shelf
- Unforgivable - Laura Griffin
- Snapped - Laura Griffin
- Darkness at Dawn - Elizabeth Jennings
- Sizzle and Burn - Alexis Grant
- No Mercy - Lori Armstrong
- Animal Magnetism - Jill Shalvis
- Crazy for Love - Victoria Dahl
- Kink - Saskia Walker/Sasha White
- So Sensitive - Anne Rainey
- Dark Taste of Rapture - Gena Showalter
- The Darkest Secret - Gena Showalter
- Vampire in Atlantis - Alyssa Day
- Vampire Dragon - Annette Blair
- Captive Spirit - Anna Windsor
- Chosen by Blood - Virna DePaul
- Rebel - Zoe Archer
- Stranger - Zoe Archer
- A Taste of Desire - Beverley Kendall
- Mistress by Midnight - Maggie Robinson
- To Desire a Devil - Elizabeth Hoyt
- To Tame a Dangerous Lord - Nicole Jordan
Digital TBR Next
- Driven - Jayne Rylon (reread)
- Shifting Gears - Jayne Rylon
- Beg Me - Shiloh Walker
- Tempt Me - Shiloh Walker
- Jazz Baby - Lorelie Brown
- Playboy Prankster - Pamela Britton
- Just Like That - Erin Nicholas
- Sweet Inspiration - Penny Watson
- Breathe - Donna Alward
- My Gigolo - Molly Burkhart
- Scent of Persuason - Nikki Duncan
- Guest Post and Giveaway: author Cari Quinn asks ab...
- Announcement: Wild Irish Week Winners!!
- Wild Irish Week - Snippets of Review: ANY GIVEN SU...
- Wild Irish Week - Review: SATURDAY NIGHT SPECIAL b...
- Wild Irish Week - Review: FRIDAY I'M IN LOVE by Ma...
- Wild Irish Week - Review: SWEET THURSDAY by Mari C...
- Wild Irish Week - Review: WAITING FOR WEDNESDAY by...
- Wild Irish Week - Review: RUBY TUESDAY by Mari Car...
- Wild Irish Week - Review: COME MONDAY by Mari Carr...
- Announcement: Wild Irish Week + Guestpost: Interes...
- ▼ January (10)
- ► 2010 (128)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (127)