May 13, 2010
6:29 PM | Edit Post
The Men of Solomon's meet in secret, their very existence only a rumor among the best of Victorian society. They are treasure hunters, men of wealth and title, seekers of myths and legends. And no legend is as alluring as the tale of Pandora's Box...
Fielding Grey is a treasure seeker with a taste for danger and experienced women. His latest mission: wrest Pandora's fabled box from a notorious criminal mastermind. Not in the job description: save an innocent damsel in distress.
A bookish miss, Esme Worthington has favored dusty tomes over society balls, and thrilling tales over flirtations. But when two scoundrels break into her home, she is thrust into a real-life adventure. Pursued and suddenly possessing the forbidden box, Esme can't resist peeking inside. Under the spell of Pandora's seductive curse, she's soon offering herself to Fielding – body and soul. With her reluctant rescuer determined to resist her charms, can the two outwit an enemy who will stop at nothing to seize their precious prize?
Title: Seduce Me
Author: Robyn DeHart
Series: The Legend Hunters, book 1
Genre: Historical Romance
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Year of release: August 2009
Format: Mass Market Paperback
First line: Sweat and sand mingled and dripped into his eyes, clouding his vision.
Ingredients: The hunt for an artifact from the ancient Greek myth: Pandora's Box, damsel in distress, treasure hunters, greedy villain, cursed bracelets and an adventurous couple.
Hero: Fielding Grey
Viscount of Eldon, treasure hunter for hire, resourceful, adventurous, observant, unpolished, rough-edged
Heroine: Esme Worthington
scholar, bookish, smart, chatterbox, brazen, passionate, vibrant, fighter, stubborn
Plot: There were a few different ones that came together very excellently
- Unraveling the mystery of Pandora's Box and its bracelets
- Fielding's investigation into his father's untimely death, which takes a surprising turn when nearing the end of the book
- Romance between Fielding and Esmee
Writing: fluent, engaging, with pace and flair yet remaining within the confines of historical romance
- The start of this book reminded me of the Indiana Jones and Mummy movies!
- The way backgrounds, the myth of Pandora's Box and the characters' backstories were easily and effortlessly imbedded in the story without extensive info-dumps
- Expected the first all-the-way love scene to be hotter with all the sexual tension and build-up that led to it.
- The way both Fielding and Esme talked themselves down didn't rhyme with their actions and the rest of their characterization
Rating: 8.0 out of 10:
Labels: Grand Central Publishing, great reads, Historical Romance, reviews, Robyn DeHart, The Legend Hunters Series
Nice to meet you!
- 39, married to my real life romance hero, addicted to TV shows, reading romance novels and Twitter. I'm a chronic (e)book hoarder and my absolute favorite genres within romance fiction are contemporary romance and romantic suspense, but I don't shy away from historical, paranormal or erotic romance either. Even the occasional (urban) fantasy romance, futuristic and sci fi romance may make it to my Mount TBR. This is my corner of the world wide web where I let you know what books I'm hoarding, reading and reviewing.
Reviews by Rating
Reviews by Genre
Reviews by Type
Reviews by Publisher
- Samhain Publishing (65)
- Berkley Publishing (56)
- HQN Books (40)
- Kensington Publishing (40)
- Ellora's Cave Publishing (34)
- Pocket Books (29)
- Bantam Dell (25)
- HarperCollins Publishers (24)
- St Martin's Press (24)
- Grand Central Publishing (20)
- Ballantine Books (19)
- Harlequin Books (16)
- Carina Press (15)
- Self-Published (12)
- Dorchester Publishing (11)
- Signet Eclipse (10)
- Turquoise Morning Press (5)
- MIRA Books (4)
- Noble Romance Publishing (4)
- Loose ID Publishing (3)
- HCI Books (2)
- The Wild Rose Press (2)
- Cerridwen Press (1)
- Etopia Press (1)
- Excessica Publishing (1)
- Lachesis Publishing (1)
- Liquid Silver Books (1)
- Red Rose Publishing (1)
- SourceBooks (1)
- Total-E-Bound Publishing (1)
- Vanguard Press (1)
Powered by Blogger.
On My TBR Shelf
- Unforgivable - Laura Griffin
- Snapped - Laura Griffin
- Darkness at Dawn - Elizabeth Jennings
- Sizzle and Burn - Alexis Grant
- No Mercy - Lori Armstrong
- Animal Magnetism - Jill Shalvis
- Crazy for Love - Victoria Dahl
- Kink - Saskia Walker/Sasha White
- So Sensitive - Anne Rainey
- Dark Taste of Rapture - Gena Showalter
- The Darkest Secret - Gena Showalter
- Vampire in Atlantis - Alyssa Day
- Vampire Dragon - Annette Blair
- Captive Spirit - Anna Windsor
- Chosen by Blood - Virna DePaul
- Rebel - Zoe Archer
- Stranger - Zoe Archer
- A Taste of Desire - Beverley Kendall
- Mistress by Midnight - Maggie Robinson
- To Desire a Devil - Elizabeth Hoyt
- To Tame a Dangerous Lord - Nicole Jordan
Digital TBR Next
- Driven - Jayne Rylon (reread)
- Shifting Gears - Jayne Rylon
- Beg Me - Shiloh Walker
- Tempt Me - Shiloh Walker
- Jazz Baby - Lorelie Brown
- Playboy Prankster - Pamela Britton
- Just Like That - Erin Nicholas
- Sweet Inspiration - Penny Watson
- Breathe - Donna Alward
- My Gigolo - Molly Burkhart
- Scent of Persuason - Nikki Duncan
- ► 2011 (163)
- ARC-review: Skin Tight - Ava Gray
- Review and Giveaway: Atlantis Unmasked - Alyssa Da...
- ARC-review: When Marrying a Scoundrel - Kathryn Sm...
- ARC-review: The Darkest Passion - Gena Showalter
- Double Review: Rocky Mountain Heat & Haven by Vivi...
- Guest Review at Fiction Vixen: Seducing the Highla...
- Review: Lover Mine - J.R. Ward
- Challenge-Review: Something About You - Julie Jame...
- Mistress By Mistake by Maggie Robinson
- Winner of the Tracy Cooper-Posey Giveaway
- Seduce Me by Robyn DeHart
- Requested Review: Dead Again - Tracy Cooper-Posey
- Guest-blogpost and Giveaway with Tracy Cooper-Pose...
- ▼ May (13)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (127)