October 21, 2009
5:55 PM | Edit Post
Pearl proudly presents: her new and improved made-over Blog!!!!
Thanks to the wonderful Barbara from Designs by Barbara I have achieved blog bliss. Barbara took my wishes and instructions and made me a place in Blogland I can feel right at home in. It's exactly as I envisioned it and then some!
I hope the visual changes have been agreeable to everyone. It certainly has for me and I've already had some great feedback on the new blog for which I again want to thank Barbara, because if I wasn't for her I'd be pulling my hair out by the roots at this moment and I wouldn't have this spiffy new place to brag about.
So, what has changed?
Well duh! The lay-out, colours and header of course, those changes are pretty obvious.
What else can you expect on the "new" blog? As announced in my blog about changes a while back:
I have changed the rating systems from stars and flames to 0-10 rating. Please note that I have not applied this to reviews from September and older as it would take me a bunch of hours to do this, hours which I don't have to spare.
Furthermore, in line of the new rating not being applied to earlier reviews, I also haven't replaced the images with the old background color in them. Again this would cost me too much time. I may be changing them in due course whenever I have time or when the situation asks for it.
The first mini-review round up blog is to be expected in the near future.
I will not be making as many elaborate, "full" reviews as I used to. Of course the reviews of the ARCs and review requests (both for ROOB and for the blog) will be full and elaborate as always but as for the enormous amount of books on my TBR (past, present and future) it's not doable to review them all as extensively as I have always been doing. Again this has to do with lack of time. (do we see a theme here?) Time I'd rather spend reading to be honest. And believe me, there will always be books that demand an extensive review and who am I to deny them that.
I will be focusing on contemporary romance, romantic suspense, thrillers and mysteries, as these are my favorite genres to read. Of course for variation and since I also have favorite authors in the paranormal, historical and urban fantasy genre, these genres will not be neglected.
In celebration of my new blog I decided to do a giveaway. It's very simple, all you have to do is to let me know via the comments what book you are looking forward to reading but haven't had the chance to yet because you don't have it. (I am not talking hard to find/out of print books here)
On Tuesday October 27th I will randomly pick a commenter who will receive the book of her (or his) choice via The Bookdepository.
This giveaway is open to all, worldwide
Looking forward to your choices!
Nice to meet you!
- 39, married to my real life romance hero, addicted to TV shows, reading romance novels and Twitter. I'm a chronic (e)book hoarder and my absolute favorite genres within romance fiction are contemporary romance and romantic suspense, but I don't shy away from historical, paranormal or erotic romance either. Even the occasional (urban) fantasy romance, futuristic and sci fi romance may make it to my Mount TBR. This is my corner of the world wide web where I let you know what books I'm hoarding, reading and reviewing.
Reviews by Rating
Reviews by Genre
Reviews by Type
Reviews by Publisher
- Samhain Publishing (65)
- Berkley Publishing (56)
- HQN Books (40)
- Kensington Publishing (40)
- Ellora's Cave Publishing (34)
- Pocket Books (29)
- Bantam Dell (25)
- HarperCollins Publishers (24)
- St Martin's Press (24)
- Grand Central Publishing (20)
- Ballantine Books (19)
- Harlequin Books (16)
- Carina Press (15)
- Self-Published (12)
- Dorchester Publishing (11)
- Signet Eclipse (10)
- Turquoise Morning Press (5)
- MIRA Books (4)
- Noble Romance Publishing (4)
- Loose ID Publishing (3)
- HCI Books (2)
- The Wild Rose Press (2)
- Cerridwen Press (1)
- Etopia Press (1)
- Excessica Publishing (1)
- Lachesis Publishing (1)
- Liquid Silver Books (1)
- Red Rose Publishing (1)
- SourceBooks (1)
- Total-E-Bound Publishing (1)
- Vanguard Press (1)
Powered by Blogger.
On My TBR Shelf
- Unforgivable - Laura Griffin
- Snapped - Laura Griffin
- Darkness at Dawn - Elizabeth Jennings
- Sizzle and Burn - Alexis Grant
- No Mercy - Lori Armstrong
- Animal Magnetism - Jill Shalvis
- Crazy for Love - Victoria Dahl
- Kink - Saskia Walker/Sasha White
- So Sensitive - Anne Rainey
- Dark Taste of Rapture - Gena Showalter
- The Darkest Secret - Gena Showalter
- Vampire in Atlantis - Alyssa Day
- Vampire Dragon - Annette Blair
- Captive Spirit - Anna Windsor
- Chosen by Blood - Virna DePaul
- Rebel - Zoe Archer
- Stranger - Zoe Archer
- A Taste of Desire - Beverley Kendall
- Mistress by Midnight - Maggie Robinson
- To Desire a Devil - Elizabeth Hoyt
- To Tame a Dangerous Lord - Nicole Jordan
Digital TBR Next
- Driven - Jayne Rylon (reread)
- Shifting Gears - Jayne Rylon
- Beg Me - Shiloh Walker
- Tempt Me - Shiloh Walker
- Jazz Baby - Lorelie Brown
- Playboy Prankster - Pamela Britton
- Just Like That - Erin Nicholas
- Sweet Inspiration - Penny Watson
- Breathe - Donna Alward
- My Gigolo - Molly Burkhart
- Scent of Persuason - Nikki Duncan
- ► 2011 (163)
- ► 2010 (128)
- ARC-review: The Christmas Clock - Kat Martin
- Winner of the Make-Over Giveway is...
- ARC-review: Skin Game - Ava Gray
- Pimping the Faves: All Jacked Up - Lorelei James
- First change has come & Giveaway
- Requested Review: Higland Obsession - Dawn Hallida...
- Breaking News Sunday: Passion for Danger Series by...
- Review: The Darkest Whisper - Gena Showalter
- ARC-review: Sweet Seduction - Maya Banks
- ARC-review: Virtually Hers - Gennita Low
- ▼ October (10)
- ► 2008 (127)