April 26, 2011
8:00 AM | Edit Post
Lucy Bright can't believe it when she's plucked from secretarial obscurity and transformed into the pampered fiancée of a slick retail guru. But then she discovers it was all a publicity stunt! Rushing away from the media frenzy, she bumps—literally—into the arms of delicious tycoon Nathaniel Hart….
Spooked by their instantaneous chemistry, Lucy flees—but Nathaniel is determined to find his barefoot beauty. Though all he has is one very expensive red designer stiletto to help him!
Title: MISTLETOE AND THE LOST STILETTO
Author: Liz Fielding
Series: Standalone, Mills & Boon Cherish imprint
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher:Harlequin Mills & Boon Limited
Year of release: 2010, November 9
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Source: Received from the author for ARC-review. Unfortunately due to several circumstances I’m only just now getting around to writing and posting the review and was not able to post the review before release.
Rubbing at the base of her engagement ring with her thumb so that the huge diamond sparkled, Lucy Bright made an effort to shake off the feeling that things weren’t quite as fairy tale as media coverage of her romance with Rupert Henshawe would suggest.
(Reviewer’s note: decided to go with the first full sentence of the book as everything before was a calendar/diary entry)
- Nat and Lucy's very first encounter > wonderfully written as I felt like I was right there with them.
Lucy Bright’s whirlwind romance and plans for a fairy tale wedding to her boss Rupert Henshawe come to an sudden end when she finds out she's been used as a publicity stunt and her Prince Charming turns out to be the ugly frog.
The heroine Lucy is a survivor. She’s impulsive, passionate, resilient and bubbly yet with substance. I really liked her as the heroine of this book. Nathaniel Hart, Lucy’s knight in shining armor is a very intriguing character. There’s lot more to him than meets the eye and he has a tragic back-story.
The romance in this short book was very nice. It was subtle despite the immediate chemistry between Nat and Lucy and very fitting the line and story. Liz Fielding has a lovely and agreeable writing style that pulls you in immediately. There's subtle humor and she also almost imperceptibly adds the characters' back-stories into the rest of the story. It's fast-paced without unnecessary information or descriptions.
I thoroughly enjoyed my first encounter with Liz Fielding's work. MISTLETOE AND THE LOST STILETTO is a very cute story that gets you in the mood for Christmas and Christmas shopping (I know, I know...it's frigging April/almost May but there were circumstances that prevented me from ARC-reviewing this book, to my utter shame...).
His world was reduced to the pounding of his heart, her breath against his cheek, her gold-green eyes peering up at him over a voluptuous cowl collar that was sliding, seductively, off one shoulder.
She smelled like a summer garden, of apples and spice and as he held her, a rare, forgotten warmth rippled through him.
Lucy was drowning in raw sensation, Lying in the arms of a total stranger, drowning in the quicksilver heat of his eyes, his touch, parting her lips to gasp in air, struggling to breathe as she went under for the third time.
What was she thinking? What was she doing?
Labels: category, Contemporary Romance, good reads, Harlequin Books, Harlequin Romance, Liz Fielding, Mills and Boon Cherish, reviews
Nice to meet you!
- 39, married to my real life romance hero, addicted to TV shows, reading romance novels and Twitter. I'm a chronic (e)book hoarder and my absolute favorite genres within romance fiction are contemporary romance and romantic suspense, but I don't shy away from historical, paranormal or erotic romance either. Even the occasional (urban) fantasy romance, futuristic and sci fi romance may make it to my Mount TBR. This is my corner of the world wide web where I let you know what books I'm hoarding, reading and reviewing.
Reviews by Rating
Reviews by Genre
Reviews by Type
Reviews by Publisher
- Samhain Publishing (65)
- Berkley Publishing (56)
- HQN Books (40)
- Kensington Publishing (40)
- Ellora's Cave Publishing (34)
- Pocket Books (29)
- Bantam Dell (25)
- HarperCollins Publishers (24)
- St Martin's Press (24)
- Grand Central Publishing (20)
- Ballantine Books (19)
- Harlequin Books (16)
- Carina Press (15)
- Self-Published (12)
- Dorchester Publishing (11)
- Signet Eclipse (10)
- Turquoise Morning Press (5)
- MIRA Books (4)
- Noble Romance Publishing (4)
- Loose ID Publishing (3)
- HCI Books (2)
- The Wild Rose Press (2)
- Cerridwen Press (1)
- Etopia Press (1)
- Excessica Publishing (1)
- Lachesis Publishing (1)
- Liquid Silver Books (1)
- Red Rose Publishing (1)
- SourceBooks (1)
- Total-E-Bound Publishing (1)
- Vanguard Press (1)
Powered by Blogger.
On My TBR Shelf
- Unforgivable - Laura Griffin
- Snapped - Laura Griffin
- Darkness at Dawn - Elizabeth Jennings
- Sizzle and Burn - Alexis Grant
- No Mercy - Lori Armstrong
- Animal Magnetism - Jill Shalvis
- Crazy for Love - Victoria Dahl
- Kink - Saskia Walker/Sasha White
- So Sensitive - Anne Rainey
- Dark Taste of Rapture - Gena Showalter
- The Darkest Secret - Gena Showalter
- Vampire in Atlantis - Alyssa Day
- Vampire Dragon - Annette Blair
- Captive Spirit - Anna Windsor
- Chosen by Blood - Virna DePaul
- Rebel - Zoe Archer
- Stranger - Zoe Archer
- A Taste of Desire - Beverley Kendall
- Mistress by Midnight - Maggie Robinson
- To Desire a Devil - Elizabeth Hoyt
- To Tame a Dangerous Lord - Nicole Jordan
Digital TBR Next
- Driven - Jayne Rylon (reread)
- Shifting Gears - Jayne Rylon
- Beg Me - Shiloh Walker
- Tempt Me - Shiloh Walker
- Jazz Baby - Lorelie Brown
- Playboy Prankster - Pamela Britton
- Just Like That - Erin Nicholas
- Sweet Inspiration - Penny Watson
- Breathe - Donna Alward
- My Gigolo - Molly Burkhart
- Scent of Persuason - Nikki Duncan
- Review + Giveaway: PROMISES IN THE DARK by Stephan...
- Review: UNDENIABLY YOURS by Shannon Stacey
- Quickie Requested-Review: MISTLETOE AND THE LOST S...
- Requested Review: A MIDNIGHT CLEAR by Kristi Astor...
- Review: ALIEN REVEALED by Lilly Cain
- Review: TEXAS TANGLE by Leah Braemel
- ARC-review: MESMERIZED by Lauren Dane
- ▼ April (7)
- ► 2010 (128)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (127)